Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp 4CM & External Pedal Routing/Configuration

adrian_torruco

Hello, I was wondering if somebody can help me with how to connect pedals after my HX Stomp. I’m running it through the 4CM, and I have it working fine. I have my dry effects 1st in the chain, separated by the FXL block, then my wet effects. But I want to add my Big Sky after the HX Stomp. What cables would go into the input & output of the BS? Where would they go connected? 

I also tried integrating my BS into the HX Stomp’s own FXL while doing the 4CM on the HX Stomp and my Hot Rod Deluxe, with the 2nd HXS’s send into the BS’s input, and the BS’s output to the 2nd HXS’s return. But when I do, I lose volume control of my amp. Is it possible to do the 4CM on the HXS with an amp and also add another pedal to the HXS’s own FXL? 

Hi Adrian,

I use an outboard delay and reverb with my HXFX.  I just use the stereo outs from the HXFX unit into the delay, then the same from the delay into the reverb.  That means that the main outs from the whole setup are then from the reverb as it's the very last thing in the chain.  

I know this limits the placement of those effects, but I always want them at the end anyway (plus, I can always use the built in ones if I want to move reverb and delay around in the chain).

I didn't want to add them to a loop as I'd lose the stereo effect from them both (at least, I think I would as it's one cable out and one in for the loops).

Hope that helps.