Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Contacting forum admin?

rd2rk

5 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

As of lately, the forum got crawlingly slow (at least for me) as well, so I'm not wondering that there's other issues, too.

Only problem I've seen is with uploading.

It took nearly 30 seconds just to load the site - for comparison, TGP loads almost instantly.

What's worse, the Insert Images function is GONE! Only the "Insert Other Media" function remains.

Just for kicks I clicked EDIT. The edit page came up with the message that I'd used all my attachment space, so I went to My Attachments and there's 7 attempts to upload my image, all with this message:

No locations to display. The content may not have been saved yet or may have been deleted.

I can't stop those ongoing upload attempts.

The problem appears to be getting worse!

Don't get me wrong - I'm a former IT guy myself, so I know these things are crazy. I'm retired, so I'm here all day to help resolve this!

Don’t know from where rd2rk is accessing, but I have the same delays from PHX area in Arizona. There are times when it seems to respond normal, but mostly it is slow, and sometimes I even get server not reachable errors.

This forum has been ridiculously slow for quite a while and for the last couple of days even worse by partially loading the page and then stalling. This morning was so bad I decided to check if the server was up and the ping came back OK, but was really slow, this evening thing seem to have improved somewhat.

Note this accessing from the U.K. (London - GMT).

EDIT: Cancel that previous comment because the thing stalled while trying to post the comment, and then locked up. Back to how it was previously, really slow to access.

Note: I cleared all my browser caches earlier - no difference in performance for this site.

Edited by datacommando
Additional info
  • Like 1

@Line6Tony

UPDATE

Still can't upload an image. The image I last tried to upload actually uploaded - 7 times according to My Attachments, but still showing the message:

"No locations to display. The content may not have been saved yet or may have been deleted."

and telling me I've used 116% of my attachment quota.

Any news from IT?

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

and telling me I've used 116% of my attachment quota.

Hi,

If you go to the top right hand corner of this page, under your avatar icon and user name there is the option to access your uploads under the “My Attachments” section of the menu. From there you should navigate to the appropriate post and delete anything you no longer feel is required. That way you can reclaim some quota for uploading anything new.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

22 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

If you go to the top right hand corner of this page, under your avatar icon and user name there is the option to access your uploads under the “My Attachments” section of the menu. From there you should navigate to the appropriate post and delete anything you no longer feel is required. That way you can reclaim some quota for uploading anything new.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I guess I wasn't clear.

All seven of my attempts to upload an image failed, yet they appear in My Attachments as Uploaded, and can even be opened. But they all  appear with the message:

"No locations to display. The content may not have been saved yet or may have been deleted."!

So there's no way to delete them! And NONE of them actually made it into the target thread.

The 116% message is a dead giveaway that there's something weird going on....

I know, defies logic, which is why I'm hoping that Tony is on the IT folks about it. Whatever they "fixed" the other day didn't solve the problem.

And it took over two minutes to load your post......for comparison, TGP loads instantly.

11 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I guess I wasn't clear.

All seven of my attempts to upload an image failed, yet they appear in My Attachments as Uploaded, and can even be opened. But they all  appear with the message:

"No locations to display. The content may not have been saved yet or may have been deleted."!

So there's no way to delete them! And NONE of them actually made it into the target thread.

The 116% message is a dead giveaway that there's something weird going on....

I know, defies logic, which is why I'm hoping that Tony is on the IT folks about it. Whatever they "fixed" the other day didn't solve the problem.

And it took over two minutes to load your post......for comparison, TGP loads instantly.

Ah, O.K.

This entire forum is really, really sluggish. Plus it keeps dropping my log in and kicking me. The thing is the rest of the Line 6 website loads perfectly normally. Somebody needs to get under the hood and fix this. Trouble is nobody from Line 6 will progress it as they are usually found on TGP or FarceBook.

This thing has never worked properly since the last change over. As others have said many times - “What happened to the Emojis?”

ALRIGHT!

The phantom uploads are gone and uploads are working again!

Forum in general seems to be back up to speed.

Thanks Tony1

Now that I know who you are, in the future I'll PM you if there are problems.

• Like 1