Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix + Variax + Headphones = low volume

mshore

I am loving my new Helix, but have run into a volume issue. When my regular guitar is plugged into the 1/4" input, the headphone volume and the external FRFR volume are at proper levels. When my JTV69 is plugged into the Helix Ethernet port, the headphone volume is barely audible, while the external FRFR volume is fine. I am charging up the JTV battery right now (it was about 50%) but even with the battery removed the sound is (barely) audible. While I'm waiting for the JTV battery to charge, is there anything else I should be looking at on the Helix itself? I use the same headphones for keyboards and they have never let me down before. Helix firmware is 2.82. Thanks in advance!

- PS when is 2.9 coming out? :-)

You don't need a battery, when you use the Helix Ethernet port. It's then powerd by the Helix.

Do you use different presets for the Variax and regular guitar? Then maybe the output settings (if you use Multi or XLR, 1/4) could affect the headphone volume depending on the global headphones settings.

If you use the same preset, there should be no difference, when the external FRFR volume is fine.

" - PS when is 2.9 coming out? :-) "

This year, ...maybe :)

Thanks for the response. It didn't occur to me that I don't need a battery. One less item to worry about!

I rebooted the Helix and the headphone volume came back. I wonder if unplugging the 1/4" and plugging in the VDI affected the Helix? I also had HX Edit running at the time, and I've noticed that sometimes the order of powering up the software and the Helix matters.