Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Momentary drop when switching patches

marvio

Hello again everybody! :)

I've owned the HELIX for close to an year now but only recently have I put it to the "band test" :)

Had not played live for a while so I never came across this issue, and I'm going to put my hands up here and fully recognize this is probably something I'm doing wrong!

So, I have my helix configured with what I think should be a snapshot for live playing, 4 super simple patches, 1 for acoustic (I have a Variax as well) with no amp, just some verb, light chorus and EQ, 1 clean for guitar, AMP+VERB+DELAY, one for rhythm, DIST+AMP+EQ+VERB, and one for solo (same as crunch with some delay and a bit more saturation).

You probably have heard this a million times before from noobs like me, and are sitting there smiling to yourselves (all good, I deserve it), but when I change "patches" I have this split second "drop in sound", even in between the crunch and solo ones which use all the same amp/cab/dist/eq/verb, only adding delay on the solo.

Could I live with it? Sure! Is it a deal breaker? Absolutely not!

The only thing that bothers me is that I KNOW this is my fault for not knowing how to configure the hardware, and not the HELIX itself :)

Would a good soul out there help me rectify my own shortcomings? LOL

It sounds as if you may be confusing snapshots and patches.  You're going to get a momentary drop every single time you switch patches...aka: presets.  What you want to do is setup snapshots within your presets to accommodate your rhythm, lead (what whatever else) tones.  Check this short vid.  It should get you pointed in the right direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppfr9fFSnHY