Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Static noises every second when recording Helix on DSP with USB

arnyong

Hey Everyone! 

I'm Having this peculiar issue with my Helix - Not sure when did this issue start, but basically when I record from my Helix Floor into audacity (using USB cable connected to my Windows laptop), there is this static noise that appears every second of the recording. I've attached a sample of what i'm facing- very audible clicks in the track!  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n8jCRRd-U1PSxY9uMeY7ALMmXI0DtrRi

However I do not hear this sound when monitoring through my headphones

Any idea what is causing this issue? Things I have tried but to no avail, include: 

-Removing AC power from the laptop the USB cable is connected to

-Updating from Helix 2.8 to 2.82 Firmware

-Try another USB port on the laptop

-Ensuring "Volume" Control set at 0 (only phone's knob is on)

-Turning off the unit, tun on the ground lift option, and try again (does not help) 

-Plug in another guitar into the helix

-Change Global settings USB in 1/2 Destination to multi or 1/4 (also does not help), or lower usb in 1/2 trim by 0.3db

Any other ideas that I could try in fixing this? Or is this an issue with my Helix? Or my laptop?
Also any free software to recommend to record with the helix will be appreciated :)

Thank you! 

Statis noise.mp3

Not sure what this is "-Change Global settings USB in 1/2 Destination to multi or 1/4 (also does not help), or lower usb in 1/2 trim by 0.3db"

However, I've had issues where Windows is wanting to share the USB between feeding the Helix, and recording from it.

I changed the output block to USB sends other than 1/2 and the DAW to the right USB sends and it fixed it. Seemed to be a channel contention issue (rather than USB port issue)

Bit of a PITA when picking up patches you use for other purposes, but not a huge biggy (for me anyway)