Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Levels settings

Oggyswain

I have a problem with volume pedal and their settings. On some of my Patches the volume goes from 0-100. There is no gradual rise in the volume.  On others 10% sounds like 10%. When I look at the setting they seem to be set the same way. Is there something I am missing? I just want to be able to increase my volume pedal and have the volume increase accordingly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Your second question is yes it justs seems to be just the sound that goes to 100% even if the the pedal is at 10%

In regards to your first question. I prefer the volume to be pre amp it seems to work best that way but on a few of the patches it is post amp.

Hmm....I have a few presets as well that I have a pre/volume block set to imitate rolling the guitar volume back or to help facilitate a lower gain setting but keep the tonality of the amp differently than just rolling the gain back (helps with volume control between snapshots/presets).

In my presets I do notice that I have to have the volume lower than what I anticipate to get the desired lowered gain setting.  Often times I'm sub 40% but usually closer to 25% or lower, even some in the 10-15% range.  

Do you use EMG's?  Do you have the input pad off?  Maybe a combination of these things creates a hotter signal and essentially the 60%-100% is really not doing much signal > Amp wise.  

I don't think your experience is much different than mine. I try to not let the numbers mess with what I hear.  I think I even have a preset/snapshot that is at like 5% cause that's just what sounds like I need. 

27 minutes ago, Oggyswain said:

On some of my Patches the volume goes from 0-100. There is no gradual rise in the volume.

In "Bypass/Controller Assign" make sure that "Volume Bypass" is assigned to "Exp Pedal Toe" and "Volume Position" is assigned to "Exp Pedal 2".