Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Relay Update Issue

tjmaclean

1 hour ago, tjmaclean said:

I followed the instructions and did the update and now my receiver is flashing red when the transmitter is plugged into it - why?  My transmitter light is solid green which means it is fully charged.  

1 hour ago, Kwikschitz said:

Following.  I have updated two G10s tonight and one of them is now just flashing red on the base.  It was full charge when we began update.  Also, it is not receiving.

Did you update both the receiver and the transmitter?

10 minutes ago, Kwikschitz said:

Yes.  Did exactly the same thing to both units.  One is working great.  The other is flashing red on the base.  Transmitter is acting normal.

Maybe try flashing that base again? Not much else to try, really.

I had no issue since 1 year. Tonight as adviced I updated my G10 and base to latest versions (1.01 and 1.05) and some problems begins:

1) Once i put the transimetter into the base, it start blinking red for a while. Then begin blinking green as usual. Never happened before.

2) While charging (blinking green) sometimes it begins to blink red again for a while, then back to blinking green and so on.

3) After the full charge complete, solid green, I played the guitar for less than 2 hours and the transimetter started blinking red as discharged! Usually I can play a lot more time over 5 hours without any issue!!!

4) Put in charge again after red blinking during play...now after 30 minutes it's solid green. How is it possible??? It usually takes a couple of hours of charge after red blinking advice!

5) Now again, after couple of minutes solid green into the base, it begins blinking green AGAIN.

Please let me downgrade to 1.00 and 1.04 or send me a new replacement unit because the latest update broke something.

I really loved my G10, I'm so angry about this issue.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I cannot even get anything to show up on the Update Screen. I too have 2, then 3 blinking Red lights on the G10S and 3 green  for the Transmitter (Fully Charged)

License Manager shows my mac, I scan for devices and nothing. The G10S is registered to my account.

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 11.08.23 AM.png

47 minutes ago, xWildchildx said:

I had no issue since 1 year. Tonight as adviced I updated my G10 and base to latest versions (1.01 and 1.05) and some problems begins:

1) Once i put the transimetter into the base, it start blinking red for a while. Then begin blinking green as usual. Never happened before.

2) While charging (blinking green) sometimes it begins to blink red again for a while, then back to blinking green and so on.

3) After the full charge complete, solid green, I played the guitar for less than 2 hours and the transimetter started blinking red as discharged! Usually I can play a lot more time over 5 hours without any issue!!!

4) Put in charge again after red blinking during play...now after 30 minutes it's solid green. How is it possible??? It usually takes a couple of hours of charge after red blinking advice!

5) Now again, after couple of minutes solid green into the base, it begins blinking green AGAIN.

Please let me downgrade to 1.00 and 1.04 or send me a new replacement unit because the latest update broke something.

I really loved my G10, I'm so angry about this issue.

Open a support ticket.

47 minutes ago, harleymon said:

I cannot even get anything to show up on the Update Screen. I too have 2, then 3 blinking Red lights on the G10S and 3 green  for the Transmitter (Fully Charged)

License Manager shows my mac, I scan for devices and nothing. The G10S is registered to my account.

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 11.08.23 AM.png

Try wiggling the micro USB connection slightly. I found mine to be quite sensitive. Beyond that, try a different cable, if possible, or a different USB port.

3 hours ago, cruzfolmli said:

Ok so update. I left the base's usb unplugged all night (left transmitter in the device) - plugged the base back in this morning and now its a steady/pulse white on the base and it is all working. So recommend you try that. 

Nearly the same thing here.  I had one that updated fine.  I had another that flashed red.  We left it unplugged for about an hour and thought we might try another cable.  When we powered it back up, it was working as it should.  Something to do with being unpowered for a while.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:56 PM, phil_m said:

Open a support ticket.

Support ticket opened yesteday, thanks.

Yesterday I tried to flash again both the dock and the transmitter. Again, update succesfully.

After just 3 hours of play, the transimitter begins to blink red.

After 25 minutes of red it goes off. After docking it, it start blink red for 5-10 minutes and then begins to blink green.

Now it begins to blink red for a couple of minutes, then green and so on.

After just 1 hour to stay solid green.

Today I used it again, same story. 3 hours of play then red blinking. 27 minutes of red blinking and then power off at all!

Latest update broke something for sure, please somebody has the old firmware 1.00 and 1.04 in order to try a rollback/downgrade?

On the Line6 updater now it's only available the latest (broken) one

16 hours ago, xWildchildx said:

Latest update broke something for sure, please somebody has the old firmware 1.00 and 1.04 in order to try a rollback/downgrade?

On the Line6 updater now it's only available the latest (broken) one

Mine is working fine with the new update. It's probably more likely that the update revealed a flaw or defect in your hardware that the old firmware didn't see. It may have to do with tighter limits on what happens with the charging and discharging of the unit - I'm not sure. But, anyway, I'm sure they are not going to keep the old firmware available to the public when they are asking people to update to the new for safety reasons. If you are having issues, the best thing to do is to contact Line 6 by means of a support ticket. They will take care of things. https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, phil_m said:

Mine is working fine with the new update. It's probably more likely that the update revealed a flaw or defect in your hardware that the old firmware didn't see. It may have to do with tighter limits on what happens with the charging and discharging of the unit - I'm not sure. But, anyway, I'm sure they are not going to keep the old firmware available to the public when they are asking people to update to the new for safety reasons. If you are having issues, the best thing to do is to contact Line 6 by means of a support ticket. They will take care of things. https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

Wish I could say the same...it updated without issue and functions normally...however, the battery life went from 6 hours+ on a full charge to less than 3 hours now, literally overnight. I'm sure safety improvements make the lawyers happy, but if the price is cutting the device's usefulness in half, I'd rather have taken my chances with an overheating battery...I had no issues with more than a year of almost daily use. Normally I know when to leave well enough alone, but instead I went along with the recommendations instead of my gut. Last time I'll do that. Already opened a ticket...we shall see.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Agree with @cruisinon2 100%. I bought the G10 for the over 6 hours battery specification (actually in place on the official specifications for the product).

If an issue occurred on the production line, Line6 can't just release a new firmware that cut its performance by 50% because this is NOT a valid fix.

I want a full refund or a new replacement unit if you force me to upgrade a firmware WITHOUT any advice on the limited battery after the upgrade due to overheating problem.

It's not a cheap unit that we can somehow understand this situation, I repeat myself, if Line6 discovered a production issue on every G10 on the market on the last 4 years, they need to provide a valid fix or a replacement for all customer impacted on this issue, not just cut in half the performance of the product wihtout any advice.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the supporto ticket reply and then I'll evaluate what to do.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Same here, updated due to the line6 recommendation, and now I have a hard time to keep the transmitter green more than 2 hours. Hope line6 will release a new firmware or will communicate on this issue, which is a show stopper for me to play live. I just LOVE my G10s. Now, I just can't trust it anymore :(

If someone has news from support, please let us know. If someone has the old firmware, please share ! I want to rollback !

• Like 1

I've haven't had the chance to put this new firmware through its paces.  But if all this is true, there needs to be either a fix or recall/refunds or a substantially discounted upgrade path for current registered G10 owners.

Something often repeated in the Helix forum (forgive me for butchering it)......We paid money for what the modeler could do when we bought it, not for what it might be able to do in the next firmware update.  

This philosophy cuts both ways.  I never expected anything more out of the G10 other than what it was advertised to do.  I sure as heck didn't pay $100+ for a future firmware release that reduces battery life by half.  If that was the case, I would have went with another wireless system.

I've cracked this. They are bad instructions on YouTube and their help page (below). First you must choose an option in the first pulldown ("Relay G10"), not leave it as "All Hardware” as it says on YouTube (although they do say to complete it on their website). Then after updating the receiver and continuing, you should see the transmitter listed (GT10T) as well as the receiver. Before you update the receiver, you will only see the receiver to update.

What’s missing on YouTube and their website (https://line6.com/support/page/kb/live-sound/relay-digital-wireless/how-to-update-the-relay-g10g10s-firmware-r931/ ) is clearer instructions a to what to do and select after the receiver has been updated.

• Like 1

I also felt that  the battery life of the transmitter was significantly reduced, after updating all the firmware of the G10s.

I suspect that the Line6 simply reduced the maximum charging limit itself to prevent overheating.

If I knew that the battery duration would change, I would never update since i never had a problem :(

If this is obviously due to the firmware, I need a way back to the previous firmware.

I also need to create a support ticket.

BTW, Will they change the battery life specification in the package and manual???

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, godoq said:

I also felt that  the battery life of the transmitter was significantly reduced, after updating all the firmware of the G10s.

I suspect that the Line6 simply reduced the maximum charging limit itself to prevent overheating.

If I knew that the battery duration would change, I would never update since i never had a problem :(

If this is obviously due to the firmware, I need a way back to the previous firmware.

I also need to create a support ticket.

BTW, Will they change the battery life specification in the package and manual???

Same here. Opened a ticket last Saturday March 14. Still waiting for a reply from Line6...

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, xWildchildx said:

Same here. Opened a ticket last Saturday March 14. Still waiting for a reply from Line6...

I'm in the same boat... but with the world coming apart at the seams, and a music gear manufacturer hardly considered an "essential service", my guess is there's a skeleton crew at the L6 mothership, if there's anyone there at all. I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon.

Then again, with all the bars, restaurants, and catering joints closed until God knows when, it hardly matters... I have no idea when my next gig will be.

• Sad 1

So, just got an answer...

Hi, your RelayG10T needs to be replaced At the moment the G10T cannot be delivered, (until the updated units are available) the Corona situation of course makes it worse /slows this down We will inform you when the G10T are available again, you could then contact your reseller for getting a replacement G10T I will leave this ticket open and send you an information ASAP Best regards Line 6 Support Europe

You can reply directly to this email and your response will be added to your ticket, as will an attachments you include.

19 hours ago, godoq said:

Well I have no way of knowing it this is the case or not, but I really hope it's something else... an "oops" that nobody thought of... because if all they did was limit the charging capacity, then it's the most pathetic "fix" to a problem in all of recorded history. 

Did the update last week.  The system worked flawlessly before, but after the update the unit is now bricked and useless.  Transmitter won’t charge and the receiver flashes red.  Unplugged overnight.  No different. Left to charge the unit - still dead.  Tried reinstalling update - no change.

I understand the mandatory shutdown in California is making a mess of things for Line6, and I’m not going anywhere either, so it’s not an immediate need to repair.  Will put in a support ticket and wait my turn...

Stay safe y’all!

I had these issues... flashing red, not charging, etc. I posted something to that effect weeks ago and before the firmware update released. I was told to send the base in for repairs, which I did. It was not suggested that the new firmware would fix things. No idea when it will return, due to the world-wide shutdown.

ticket updated

The maximum capacity was reduced from ca. 8 hours before the update to around six hours But in your case there's an issue with the battery (if the update is applied to an already diminished battery this can happen) So the whole transmitter should be replaced

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, squitttolo said:

Same situation for me: after the update , now I have only HALF an hour before the transmitter and the base starts to turn RED. Very disappointed!

The answer is the same for anyone experiencing this issue. Open a support ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

The answer is the same for anyone experiencing this issue. Open a support ticket.

I don't understand what's the point to open a ticket. They say you need a new transmitter. Wrong answer, since I didn't need any new transmitter until that stupid upgrade.

So the question is; who's paying for that? Im not gonna accept "me" as an answer.