tjmaclean

G10 Relay Update Issue

i cannot update my Relay G10 wireless. Please help me.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:31 AM, tjmaclean said:

I followed the instructions and did the update and now my receiver is flashing red when the transmitter is plugged into it - why?  My transmitter light is solid green which means it is fully charged.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Now my G10 is flashing red when on the base and does not want to charge any more!   Is there a procedure to downgrade to the previous version of the firmware?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, tochiro said:

Now my G10 is flashing red when on the base and does not want to charge any more!   Is there a procedure to downgrade to the previous version of the firmware?

No, you can't downgrade.

The firmware does clamp the charge to a much lower voltage, and looks like the older the battery, the slower the charging process (I guess they need the charging speed to be way slower to prevent overcharging). Sometimes does take a full day before the transmitter starts flashing green, sometimes won't charge at all, even after days sitting in the charger. Re-flashing the unit with same firmware, sometimes, does probably reset the memory, and you can charge again..but then after coupe of cycles, it will start flashing red again. Also, the battery will last only couple of hours... old , new, doesn't matter.

So, for now, just keep it in the charger for the rest of the day, and see what happens. If doesn't go green, try re-flashing again....

It's a ruined product, that's it.

I sold both my G10 because of this crap, but I will keep complaining over here, 'til I feel better. :).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OK, it’s been MONTHS since the bug-filled firmware update for the G10 was released. It hasn’t fixed anything on either unit. It has turned what was a reliable, simple to use wireless joy, into a nightmare of charging weirdness, 30 minutes to battery dying after a full charge, when I was getting 6 to 8 hours of battery life before the upgrade. 

I followed the Firmware instructions to the letter,  I updated both the transmitter and the receiver, and now my G10 gear might as well be paperweights.

Unless Line 6 gets its stuff together and gives us a bug-fix update for the unit, I will replace it with the Boss, or Shure or any brand other than a Line 6. I have recommended the G10 to several fellow musicians, but if you don’t do something about this I’m afraid there is nothing to do but bad mouth your product, whenever asked.
I don’t know if this is a lack of support from the Calabasas Hdqtrs, or the owner, Yamaha, but this is just infuriating to have an “improvement” render one of my gear favorites into metal and plastic junk. 

If it was so important for us to ugrade, then show us some respect, Line 6, and FIX THE PROBLEM ASAP.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ProfM said:

OK, it’s been MONTHS since the bug-filled firmware update for the G10 was released. It hasn’t fixed anything on either unit. It has turned what was a reliable, simple to use wireless joy, into a nightmare of charging weirdness, 30 minutes to battery dying after a full charge, when I was getting 6 to 8 hours of battery life before the upgrade. 

I followed the Firmware instructions to the letter,  I updated both the transmitter and the receiver, and now my G10 gear might as well be paperweights.

Unless Line 6 gets its stuff together and gives us a bug-fix update for the unit, I will replace it with the Boss, or Shure or any brand other than a Line 6. I have recommended the G10 to several fellow musicians, but if you don’t do something about this I’m afraid there is nothing to do but bad mouth your product, whenever asked.
I don’t know if this is a lack of support from the Calabasas Hdqtrs, or the owner, Yamaha, but this is just infuriating to have an “improvement” render one of my gear favorites into metal and plastic junk. 

If it was so important for us to ugrade, then show us some respect, Line 6, and FIX THE PROBLEM ASAP.

Have you opened a support ticket? I know they’ve been sending replacements to many people if the transmitter are essentially DOA.