Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Helix Came With Third Party Presets?

jeffreyspearjr

Hey guys, 

So I finally bought myself a Helix. I really liked some of the presets the guys at Worship Tutorials were making. I bought it new from GC and unboxed it. I updated it to the newest firmware and when I went into User 1 it had presets from Worship Tutorials. I was surprised. I thought that Factory 1 and Factory 2 were the only places that would have presets on a new Helix. Is it possible that I got a Helix someone loaded presets onto and then returned it? Or does line 6 load these presets into the software updates? 

Thanks in advance for your help in understanding. 

-Jeff

Some of the factory presets are from some of the people who make and sell presets. I don’t know for sure if those guys have some included or not, but it wouldn’t surprise me. How many presets is it?

37 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Some of the factory presets are from some of the people who make and sell presets. I don’t know for sure if those guys have some included or not, but it wouldn’t surprise me. How many presets is it?

About 20 and they are kind of scattered through "User 1." Not in the "Factory 1," spot.  It's fine with me, some of them I had planned to purchase. I just didn't know if everyone got these with the update what. Im new to this. It is just kind of strange. It definitely looks like someone has been in this Helix loading presets. And they are all Church/Worship themed. And Like I said, they are scattered with empty spaces between some of them. 

11 hours ago, jeffreyspearjr said:

..... Is it possible that I got a Helix someone loaded presets onto and then returned it? Or does line 6 load these presets into the software updates? 

Yes, your new Helix is not exactly new. Someone has loaded presets onto it. These presents were definitely not there when the Helix was shipped from Line 6.  Nor are any presets included by Line 6 in a firmware release except for the Factory and Templates setlists.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jeffreyspearjr said:

It definitely looks like someone has been in this Helix loading presets...

Reselling returned items as "new" is a time-honored retail tradition... it's not terribly ethical, but ubiquitous nonetheless. They can get away with it as long as the original packaging isn't mangled enough to make it obvious... when that threshold gets crossed, then they'll sell it as an "open box" item at a discount that will vary depending on just how "used" the thing looks.