Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Honeymoon Ain't Over

hideout

I was switching guitars for my next gig... which of course got cancelled.  Thanks Covid-19!

Anyway, I use different setlists for each of my guitars and tailor the patches accordingly and switched to a setlist for my FrankenStrat.

Anyway, did that and and as I was putting the Helix back in its case, I heard myself say, "Man, I love this thing!"

Nice to know I can count my blessings without having to be reminded.

I hope you're all staying healthy, my friends!

• Like 1

Yeah I was just running over some songs for this weeks 3 shows...and these are the best tones I've had in my life...via headphones, powered wedge and FOH.  I wish I could simplify my chain a bit at times (less blocks) but maybe some enhancements to routing or controlling of effects might help, but really that is about my only gripe and its not even that.  

I'm going on year 2, and its so simple to dial things in and it doesnt take much from the 'new' stock settings to get where you need to be for that amps sound. 

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 9:28 PM, hideout said:

... as I was putting the Helix back in its case, I heard myself say, "Man, I love this thing!"

Two years in the HX family for me (6 months on an HX effects, then 1 1/2 years on the LT)... I feel the same way. 

As a multi-instrumentalist the Helix is a dream come true. I've got presets for all my instruments.... tele, strat, les paul, variax, mandolin, acoustic, nylon string, banjo, dobro, pedal steel. Since everything is carefully prepared and pre-mixed it all heads down one line to the FOH/Monitors. As complicated as my set up can appear, it is stupid simple at a gig and has never sounded better! 

On 3/14/2020 at 9:28 PM, hideout said:

I was switching guitars for my next gig... which of course got cancelled.

As for cancelled gigs.... last weekends shows were cancelled on route, the rest of March is cancelled and now most of April is gone! It's going to be a tough road ahead! 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Two years in the HX family for me (6 months on an HX effects, then 1 1/2 years on the LT)... I feel the same way. 

As a multi-instrumentalist the Helix is a dream come true. I've got presets for all my instruments.... tele, strat, les paul, variax, mandolin, acoustic, nylon string, banjo, dobro, pedal steel. Since everything is carefully prepared and pre-mixed it all heads down one line to the FOH/Monitors. As complicated as my set up can appear, it is stupid simple at a gig and has never sounded better! 

As for cancelled gigs.... last weekends shows were cancelled on route, the rest of March is cancelled and now most of April is gone! It's going to be a tough road ahead! 

Yeah I had 3 shows this week, 2 are cancelled the one I'm pretty sure will still go on, just knowing the reputation of the place.  Unless they make it mandatory that clubs are closed.   Right now its only recommendations on capacity and other things.  

But your right.  With my new board (I'll post pics when I get the final pieces) it is super simple for live shows.  Open case, plug in power, plug in XLR Send to Mixer.  Done....  For once I feel like my pickiness and attention to detail in my presets is about to pay off timewise in my setup/soundcheck/tear down procedures.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1