Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 base usb connection port is very bad

roger5150

Hi there ,

My usb connection port on the base of the G10 is extremely wobbly .

The cable keeps moving so there is no charging .

I tried different cables but the problem is the port connection.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also updating it is not possible because the device does not show up when i try to update.

What can i do?

Can i open up the base myself and replace the connector and if so how do i open it up?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks ,

Roger

If you don't mind semi-permanently attaching the cable... this can be done with hot glue.  Hold the cable in place so there's a charge connection, then get all the glue up in there.  Worked for me.  The internet assures me that hot glue is safe for electronic connections.

hot_glue.jpg

I did not try to open the base.  I did also try prying out the two prongs on the male end of the micro usb cable.  That helped a little bit... those two prongs are what maintains the connection, more so than the female side of the connection in the base.  The prongs get worn out over time and need to be bent back out.  You could also try using a brand new USB cable to see if it stays in better.  I bent the prongs out and then inserted the cable and glued it in, no charging issues for me anymore.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

Have the exact same issue..... basically its really bad design.... and that's from a fan of Line 6!!!

The hot glue method is a possibility, but I'll open the unit up and see if I can engineer a more permanent connection solution.

Need to read up on USB pin-outs and voltages first

Cheers,

Iain....