Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 flashing clip lights | MacBook 2019 running macOS Catalina

Hi All, 

I have a new POD Studio UX2 (black faced), out of box, and I cannot figure out what the problem is.

I have downloaded the following:

• Pod Farm 2 software
  • Line 6 License Manager 1.14 (current)
  • Line 6 Monkey 1.78 (not compatible with Catalina)
  • Driver 7.6.8 (current)

I have installed everything to my mac and then it restarts; however, when I plug my UX2 into the mac it won't connect. 

I have tried:

• Starting the mac with UX2 plugged in.
  • Changed USB Cables (still flashing).
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled driver. 

I cannot figure out what the issue is. Can someone help?

It is working! 

Was able to stop the flashing lights and am able for License manager to detect the ux2.  I can play audio out and get audio in!  Yes!

I saw Line6 posted something about not using any sort of hub which I had been using because my Mac only has usb c inputs.  I picked up the apple usb c adapter instead of going through the hub.  I also downloaded this driver...

https://line6.com/software/index.html    In drivers I scrolled down to this driver Version 7.6.8

I re downloaded pod farm 2  to have it running so it can process audio in.  With Pod Farm 2 running it now works to send audio to other programs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue.

It was working on Catalina (just with the drivers only, no Line 6 Monkey as not compatible) and then I updated my OSX to 10.15.4 and now just the red flashing lights, not showing up or recognised at all anywhere.

I've messaged support

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/25/2020 at 10:48 PM, simplistics said:

It is working! 

Was able to stop the flashing lights and am able for License manager to detect the ux2.  I can play audio out and get audio in!  Yes!

I saw Line6 posted something about not using any sort of hub which I had been using because my Mac only has usb c inputs.  I picked up the apple usb c adapter instead of going through the hub.  I also downloaded this driver...

https://line6.com/software/index.html    In drivers I scrolled down to this driver Version 7.6.8

I re downloaded pod farm 2  to have it running so it can process audio in.  With Pod Farm 2 running it now works to send audio to other programs.

Hi, Could please give more details, I am completely blocked. I can record anymore. I juste bought a new Mac, and with Catalina it doesn't work. When you say "In drivers I scrolled down to this driver Version 7.6.8" can you send me the link cause in your link we see this : 

thank you 

Capture d’écran 2020-07-28 à 17.53.05.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 12:48 AM, simplistics said:

It is working! 

Thanks for your comment! My POD Studio UX2 is ON)

• 3 months later...

Catalina 10.15.7 User here. Have latest Driver and License manager as you all described. Still won't recognize either my Ux2 OR my POD XT Live. Flashing red lights. Have tried multiple USB cables, rebooting system, etc. Such a pain in the butt. 

I can see Line6 Device manager in my System preferences (bottom left icon in screenshot) but it shows no devices connected when I go to that tab.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.03.12 PM.png

• 4 months later...

I found this solution on reddit and it worked for me. After downloading the required software and drivers,

basically you need to : -reinstall the Line6 driver direct link : https://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=8376

-reboot your Mac -open SystemPreferences/Security & Privacy/General and "Allow" Line6 Software.

This worked on Mac OS Big Sur.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/10/2021 at 7:22 AM, oxygen8 said:

@ccoolawn Thank you!

This is the key bit of info :)

after install of driver, reboot your Mac -> open SystemPreferences/Security & Privacy/General and "Allow" Line6 Software.

this option does not appear after installing and rebooting the mac.

the driver is install but the ux 2 has the clip lights blinking. I guess mac does not recognises it.

have any one found a solution?

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Why Line 6 publish UX2 compatible with MacOs Catalina, publish the driver 7.6.8 to download with this information, and everyone that bought the product are having the same problem? The driver does't work, that's a fact!

All forum discussion are showing that the clients tried everything, and their work are stoped because of that.

Line 6 has to do something about it!

The Company is not being honest with their clients, we have the right to get our money back. the Company has to support us.

Always the same message:

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 1.44.14 PM.png