Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Downloading the Helix updater question

garbanzo

I have just downloaded the updater and see that it is a dmg file. On my W10 machine I am asked with what program do I want to open the file. What is my answer to that? I realise that I have been posed before this question before and cant quite remember hw I solved it. What do you more experienced users, and especially those with better memory's than mine do?

Thanks in advance

garbanzo

1 hour ago, garbanzo said:

I have just downloaded the updater and see that it is a dmg file. On my W10 machine I am asked with what program do I want to open the file. What is my answer to that? I realise that I have been posed before this question before and cant quite remember hw I solved it. What do you more experienced users, and especially those with better memory's than mine do?

Thanks in advance

garbanzo

Hi,

It appears that you have inadvertently managed to download the Mac Version of the firmware. When you are on the Line 6 Download page, from the “All Software” tab select “HX Edit”, then under the third grey coloured tab labelled “All OS” select “Windows 10” from the drop down menu. This will take you to the correct page to download the Updater required.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

It appears that you have inadvertently managed to download the Mac Version of the firmware. When you are on the Line 6 Download page, from the “All Software” tab select “HX Edit”, then under the third grey coloured tab labelled “All OS” select “Windows 10” from the drop down menu. This will take you to the correct page to download the Updater required.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Perfect dc, thanks!

• Thanks 1

If you're updating a Helix (vs a G10) download and install the HX Edit file, NOT the Updater. That file will install the Updater and all drivers.

If you try to update without installing HX Edit, you might have problems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rd2rk said:

If you're updating a Helix (vs a G10) download and install the HX Edit file, NOT the Updater. That file will install the Updater and all drivers.

Thanks rd2rk! I am not sure how i> managed to make this mistake, but it is now rectified. I hope that if some else makes the same this thread will be of help.

8 hours ago, rd2rk said:

THIS! THANK-YOU!  I was trying the updater for my new Helix last night with no success, and just did the HX Edit path and it is all now working!  Updating Helix firmware now!

8 hours ago, Lone_Poor_Boy said:

THIS! THANK-YOU!  I was trying the updater for my new Helix last night with no success, and just did the HX Edit path and it is all now working!  Updating Helix firmware now!

Cool, this means you have both a tremendous and bewildering exprience if front of you.

• Upvote 1