Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Would someone be so kind to share a blank setlist with me?

blue_apple

Hello! 

I have a few setlists that contains a handful of corrupted presets, which happened while trying to copy and past a few presets at a time.

It seems like the only solution at this point would be to replace the entire setlist with a blank one, but I don't have one available.  If you have one available, I'd love to have a copy...

P.S. If you have any other ideas on how to fix the issue, I'm all ears.  :)

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, blue_apple said:

Hello! 

I have a few setlists that contains a handful of corrupted presets, which happened while trying to copy and past a few presets at a time.

It seems like the only solution at this point would be to replace the entire setlist with a blank one, but I don't have one available.  If you have one available, I'd love to have a copy...

Many thanks!

Many of us have had this issue. We had to do a system reset and then restore from a back up. When you do the right reset all your user banks will be blank and you can save one of those off if you would like

Yep, do a complete factory reset/restore. It will be squeaky clean, then you can restore your backup. 

If your backup still contains some corrupt presets, they will get restored back to the unit. So, you may not want to do a full restore unless you know you have purged the corrupt presets. 

On 3/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, rd2rk said:

For what device?

Helix LT...

3 hours ago, jbuhajla said:

Yep, do a complete factory reset/restore. It will be squeaky clean, then you can restore your backup. 

If your backup still contains some corrupt presets, they will get restored back to the unit. So, you may not want to do a full restore unless you know you have purged the corrupt presets. 

Thanks for the info, Jbuhajila.  Did the issue go away after the reset, or is it something that persisted?

On 3/17/2020 at 5:37 PM, blue_apple said:

Here we go again - one more time!

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

Here we go again - one more time!

Thanks datacommando. 

Did that fix the issue (other than starting from clean slate)?  I'd hate to clear everything only to have this issue the next time I try to cut and paste a few presets...

9 hours ago, blue_apple said:

Thanks datacommando. 

Did that fix the issue (other than starting from clean slate)?  I'd hate to clear everything only to have this issue the next time I try to cut and paste a few presets...

Hi again,

That list which I posted are the standard Line 6 reset procedures for the Helix Floor and LT hardware units and will perform the functions that they describe. For example - Hold down foot-switches 9&10 while powering up the unit and it’s internal brain will flush out all the IRs, wipe all the Global settings and return the setlists to the Factory defaults. Something like that will clear any onboard glitches and the when you launch HX Edit you will find that all the USER Preset slots are empty and ready to reload your presets from your clean backup files. You did make backups, didn’t you? Important noteAlways work on a copy!

I noted in your first post that you said the presets were becoming corrupted while ”copying a few at a time”. My suggestion would be that you load the presets individually to avoid this happening. Moving big chunks of digital info around in HX Edit may simply have caused it to choke on it.

Anyhow, you originally asked for a blank preset list - the factory reset will give you what you need. Just ensure that you have made a back up of anything you don’t want to loose.

Oh, yeah - your avatar seems to have become corrupted - hope you’re not suffering from a virus?

;-)

• 4 weeks later...