Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updating from... 2.11.0 to 2.82. Any thoughts?

JKater6

I have had my Helix for quite a while and I'm just starting to use it more extensively. I want to get the most of it but it's working pretty good as is and I could keep it there. But, of course, there might be some goodies to have from the latest version. My fear is that such a huge update gap between versions might cause problems?

A very knowledgeable and helpful member told me it's worth trying. I would nevertheless like to ask the forum members (yes, that's you. :D ) their thoughts on this. 

I'm also afraid to lose my IR's as I have lost the folder where I first downloaded them (hum…)

Thanks for chipping in.

There have been a ton of new goodies and fixes from 2.11 to 2.82, no doubt upgrade.

Make sure you use a USB port on the back of your computer, and read the update instruction carefully, there is an intentional failure during 2.82 update and should be of no worry.

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helixhx-282-release-notes-r928/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JKater6 said:

I have had my Helix for quite a while and I'm just starting to use it more extensively. I want to get the most of it but it's working pretty good as is and I could keep it there. But, of course, there might be some goodies to have from the latest version. My fear is that such a huge update gap between versions might cause problems?

A very knowledgeable and helpful member told me it's worth trying. I would nevertheless like to ask the forum members (yes, that's you. :D ) their thoughts on this. 

I'm also afraid to lose my IR's as I have lost the folder where I first downloaded them (hum…)

Thanks for chipping in.

Before you download and unpack/unzip the new HX Edit export your IRs into a folder and take note of where you put it, then back up everything. I recommend maximum caution to be sure you preserve what you have currently. Create a full backup, back up a bundle, setlists, IRs, export your presets individually into separate directories by highlighting them all at one time and hitting export.

Follow the firmware update instructions carefully. If the firmware update freezes at some point during the update that is part of the process. This is normal for the 2.82 release(see the update notes). Even if you have an abnormal freeze don't panic. Your Helix can be recovered by swapping around to other USB ports, global reset options, and the like. See the update thread for notes on how to recover if necessary. Lastly, by all means update, as Ilya-v mentioned tons of great stuff has been added since 2.11.

• Thanks 1