Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What is the file extension for the X#?

357mag

l6t is the proper file extension for the X3. Unfortunately it is also l6t for some other early Line 6 products and the files are not compatible. If you are downloading from Customtome make sure you select the Pod X3 as the basis for your search.

Hmmm.... I just searched Customtone with POD X3 selected as the Product and was presented with a list of  over 66,000 tones I no longer own an X3 so can’t test whether these actually load properly but the list is certainly there.

Is Gearbox working properly with your X3? Can you export/ import existing tones on your X3?

Okay I think I have a problem. Last night I opened up GearBox and I made my own tone and saved it in a folder. Now today I tried to load that exact same tone and I still got an error message saying unrecognized file type.

I installed the drivers and GearBox separately. I'm using GearBox 3.72 and drivers version 4.2.7.7.

What should I do?

Well I am able to load the presets now so that is good. But the problem I'm having now is that everything sounds too clean. I'm not getting a lot of distortion out of the amps. Of course I'm using the Duncan YJM Fury pickups and those are not hot pickups.

I will probably put in my full size humbucker. It's a Duncan Custom and hopefully that will beef things up.