Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 3.0 more Snapshots for HX Stomp?

LorenO

Hi all!

Anybody know if the 3.0 firmware update will include Snapshots as well? Since we can add more foot control (up to 5 with additional extension foot switches or even more foot switches with some controllers) hopefully the update will increase the number of Snapshots we can use up to 5 or more.

Someone made a point, I think it was on Youtube, maybe Line 6 can stop considering the loop block as part of the total number of blocks available. So say, for the HX Stomp, 8 blocks available + 1 Send/Return block. One can dream :)

Thanks!

Loren

Definitely need more snaps. I just got the Morningstar MC6 MKII midi controller. And I have it set up to access 5 snaps and the tuner. It's awesome. But of course 2 of the snaps are on a different preset so I lose trails from the delay with them. I could easily put all of them on one preset, but being limited to 3 snaps screws me. :(
I'd also like to see the name of the snapshot displayed on the Stomp screen instead of the name of the preset when in stomp view. 
Having the preset name and just a number for the snap sucks visually.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 1:08 AM, robbieb61 said:

Definitely need more snaps. I just got the Morningstar MC6 MKII midi controller. And I have it set up to access 5 snaps and the tuner. It's awesome. But of course 2 of the snaps are on a different preset so I lose trails from the delay with them. I could easily put all of them on one preset, but being limited to 3 snaps screws me. :(
I'd also like to see the name of the snapshot displayed on the Stomp screen instead of the name of the preset when in stomp view. 
Having the preset name and just a number for the snap sucks visually.

If using the mc6 you can create much more “fake snapshots” and avoid the patch change gap. Use MIDI CCs and assign them to whatever you need to turn on and off or move parameters. Then create midi patches that send those midi CCs accordingly inside the mc6. It takes more patience and Midi understanding but it surely works.

Hi Leodiztejo,

If I understand you correctly, with the HX Stomp in the “Snapshot” mode, while in this mode, I can still access to blocs via MIDI? So say I have 3 set Snapshots in the patch, with MIDI CC, I can turn off a block within the patch still? This sounds amazing! I have a midi controller and will definitely look into this when I am back in town. 

Thanks!

Loren

• 3 months later...
On 6/11/2020 at 6:59 AM, leodiaztrejo said:

If using the mc6 you can create much more “fake snapshots” and avoid the patch change gap. Use MIDI CCs and assign them to whatever you need to turn on and off or move parameters. Then create midi patches that send those midi CCs accordingly inside the mc6. It takes more patience and Midi understanding but it surely works.

Using a MC6 or MC8 to create "fake snapshots" is clever, but it just can't be done on the fly, in the middle of a rehearsal or something like that. 

To me, knowing that the HX Stomp can natively have up to 5 footswiches but, at same time, can have only 3 snapshots is a real bummer.
And now that we have the POD GO, which have a slightly weaker processor and can nevertheless offer 4 snapshots, this limitation on the Stomp seems completely artificial, like an intentional software lock to prevent the HX Stomp to compete with the HX Effects.

So yeah, my main wish with Helix 3.0 is the unlocking of 4 or even 5 snapshots on the HX Stomp.

This and the Command Center feature will turn the Stomp into something much, much more powerfull from a practical point of view.