Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix pedal to show percentage (%) of volume constantly

aklein

Hi Helix Gurus,

just a couple of quick questions that really bugs me.

1.) Is there a way to make the volume pedal constantly show the vloume percent of my patch instead of switching back to EXP1 EXP2

I'd much rather it tell me the volume on where my patch is and maybe split that with it being on EXP1/2 at far right where it's not solid.

2.) Is there a way to assign a colour on the Looper switches? They are all white and it's easy to miss-step on a dark stage with fake smoke around!!

I need Red for record, Green for play etc...

Thanks people.

I think I can help with the volume/expression pedal question...but need to clarify:

1) there is a setting that lets the display be permament or temporary and then disappear after no activity. is this what you mean?

2) or do you mean the expression pedal display shows the output volume setting?  If you want this option, I don't think the Helix does that, however, I always save my presets with a certain block highlighted by the cursor that way if I need to adjust something (I know where my weak spots are) its readily available and I can adjust a knob, save>save quick mid song if needed.  I usually have the prominent amp block highlighted so I can adjust the channel volume. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 11:32 PM, themetallikid said:

I think I can help with the volume/expression pedal question...but need to clarify:

1) there is a setting that lets the display be permament or temporary and then disappear after no activity. is this what you mean?

2) or do you mean the expression pedal display shows the output volume setting?  If you want this option, I don't think the Helix does that, however, I always save my presets with a certain block highlighted by the cursor that way if I need to adjust something (I know where my weak spots are) its readily available and I can adjust a knob, save>save quick mid song if needed.  I usually have the prominent amp block highlighted so I can adjust the channel volume. 

think 2.

The Helix shows me a percentage of volume for only a second or two. I want it to show me that value constantly so I know where the pedal is at when I return to it. 20% clean 40% etc.

if that always on display setting doesnt get what you are looking for the only way would be to have the 'cursor' highlighted on your path screen and save the preset with that highlighted, that way when you choose the preset you can see the parameter bar and where it is set at.  Not a great visual, but the only one.  However I'm not sure why you can't get it set with the % on the pedal.  

THere should be a setting that allows you to display the EXP 1/EXP 2 labels or the % the pedal is set to. Try global settings where the Exp Pedal settings are.  

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...