Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT: Can you increase volume from USB input?

tcamuso

Using this setup:

O^O headphones <--+
                         |
         guitar >----> HelixLT <---- USB from computer playing backing track

I'm trying to play with tracks supplied from my computer via USB, using the headphone jack to hear the mix.
However, the volume of the backing track coming through the USB is too low. I can use the volume pedal to lower the volume of the guitar, but I'd rather start by getting the mix right in the first place.

Is there a way to modify the volume of the audio input to the LT from the USB?

The audio output level from the computer is already set to the max.

Thanks and regards ...

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

USB 1/2 IN Trim might work, but you'll have an easier time just using the application's output volume control.

If I bump the volume of the backing track in the DAW, I get clipping distortion.

7 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

Yes if your using a pc - this is free its amazing apo 1.2.1 and you can add peace program after to compliment it - both have a preamp - you must have apo first

I am using a PC, but apo 1.2.1 is an equalizer. I don't understand how that would boost the signal to the USB interface to the Helix LT.

rsvette, I downloaded Equalizer APO and the Peace interface to it.

I used the configurator program to give Equalizer control of the Line-6 audio interface so I could bump the volume of the audio being sent to that device.

Only problem now is that the DAW (Studio One 4) complains that it can't get control of the Line-6 audio.

When I rerun the configurator and uncheck the Line6 audio interface, the DAW works with it again, but back to the same volume problem.

Im at work I have studio one not seeing this issue speak of - check what audio device is being used in studio one should be helix i would assume - I dont know until 7 hours from now - I will check it out for you - apo can be tricky but worth it - you like it otherwise ?

10 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

Im at work I have studio one not seeing this issue speak of - check what audio device is being used in studio one should be helix i would assume - I dont know until 7 hours from now - I will check it out for you - apo can be tricky but worth it - you like it otherwise ?

Yes, love apo! Great way to get control of your PC sound system!

I'm at work, too. When I have time I will post screen shots of what I did, and maybe you can see where I went wrong.