Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I Phone App

orlandoelectric

My I phone 5S is paired with my Amplifi 75 and will play music via my I tunes / cloud , but when I have the app open and select a song nothing happens ? Am I missing something ?? From the demos I watched it appears it should open the song in the now playing screen automatically for playing along and tone detection ? Any suggestions ?

Are you playing songs from icloud or are they downloaded to your phone.  I've found that the app only plays music from songs actually on your phone.

yes that was the issue.  the original poster asked me about this over a PM, and they didn't have the tones downloaded to the iPhone.

Why can't you use the app to just down load tones that you want? Why do you have to have the actual song? That doesn't make any sense to me.

You can do that. You don't have to have the song in order to load a certain tone. You can search for whatever song you want. If you have the song in your library, though, the app searches automatically for you. You can still do a manual search, though.

As far as why the app can't play songs not actually saved to the device, I imagine that might be a restriction with the way Apple's license works with the iTunes Match service and third parties accessing those songs. I don't have anything to confirm that. That's just my suspicion.

Regarding songs and iTune Match, I was playing around with the app some more today, and I figured out that there is a relatively easy workaround. If you play or download the songs in the regular Music app, you can then play and have them automatically matched in the Amplifi app. So, yes, the songs have to be downloaded to your phone, but you can still have the iTunes Match feature on and use the app. Other may have already figured this out, but I just wanted to state it explicitly to clear things up.

You can do that. You don't have to have the song in order to load a certain tone. You can search for whatever song you want. If you have the song in your library, though, the app searches automatically for you. You can still do a manual search, though.

As far as why the app can't play songs not actually saved to the device, I imagine that might be a restriction with the way Apple's license works with the iTunes Match service and third parties accessing those songs. I don't have anything to confirm that. That's just my suspicion.

Ok , how do you download a tone that you don't have the song for? Search for me only does a local search.

Best,

Wps

Apologies for that last post.

How do you import a tone without having a song in your library.

Just got mine today so still to get to grips with things.

The way I've found is to play any music, and the app will find some tones. With your finger drag the found tones down and above them a search box will appear (if it wasn't already there) and you can use that search box to search for any tones.

Cheers

Andy