Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT "issue" fixed.

caledoneus

So, I picked up an LT about a year go, and I love it.  It honestly fulfills pretty much everything that I want, and the extra 5 or 600 bucks for the Floor is not something that I could justify.

The only thing the Floor has that I wish the LT had in all honesty is the Mic input.  (the scribble scripts, the extra fx loops, and all that other stuff are kind of irrelevant to me).  

SO,

To fix that lack, I have purchased myself a small 5 "channel" Behringer mixer that I'm going to run into the input of the Helix and then run the guitar into one of the FX loop returns (or maybe the other way around) to give myself the ability to have a mic input for the LT.  The mixer was like 50 bucks.  

Because the guitar input has an Input Impedance setting that's critical for getting the best from certain effects, you're better off running the mic/mixer into the FX return and keeping the guitar in the guitar input. However, if you're using a wireless it probably doesn't matter, as your wireless is 1meg anyhow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Because the guitar input has an Input Impedance setting that's critical for getting the best from certain effects, you're better off running the mic/mixer into the FX return and keeping the guitar in the guitar input. However, if you're using a wireless it probably doesn't matter, as your wireless is 1meg anyhow.

Yep, I use the G30.  Had it for a couple years now and love not having to fool with cables anymore... lol.  I'll still probably do it like you said though.  

FWIW... the input impedance and noise gate on the guitar input are pretty much useless on a mic preamp or mixer.... so I would keep that input for instrument use. 

Not to mention... a return can also be set for LINE level, which is probably better for most mixers and even some mic pre-amps. 

Other than that... congrats on solving your problem. Adding a small mixer, or a mic pre is often a viable solution for the LT that costs much less than the upgrade to the Floor. 

• Upvote 1