Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and DT50 settings

amenity421

So, I've got a helix, JTV59 and a DT50 head. Spent a few hours with everything set up. Checking out amp models with effects and whatnot. Not really an issue, more of an inquiry. 

I think ill set up a few templates with some different options selectes for DT settings. But some of the models allude me. Take the Archon as an example. I couldn't find actual specs on this amp as far as which topology to use. I guess topology IV will be good. I understand pentode/triode for wattage, etc. But has anyone documented their experience with which topologies to use with which models at all? Why re-invent the wheel i guess? I know it's all subjective in the end but there's got to be someone out there with some starting points?

If not, i may just throw something together on my own for the community to take a gander at. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by amenity421
Spelling

There are not a lot of folks using the Helix with the DT Amps.     Once you get connected and have figured out how to setup your output to the DT, it's pretty much whatever sounds best to you.    You might get someone's recommendation on what topology they use but I doubt it.

I've had some fun with my DT25, but I've not messed around with it for a while because I don't take the DT out of the house and gig only with the Helix and in-ears.  I have to make too many changes in my favorite patches to go back and forth, so I have gotten lazy.  Maybe I'll delve back into it now.

Enjoy that extra connectivity.