Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2, PodFarm 2.5, and Catalina

Hi-

Will my UX2, with PodFarm 2.6, allow me to record using Logic on my Mac Book Pro using Catalina? I used to really like the Line 6 tools as a primary recording setup with Logic, but then they started to fall behind each macOS update and I just looked elsewhere. I don't want to do anything fancy--just three or four guitar tracks. Is this hopeless?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi

Not sure where you saw the version 2.6 of POD farm but I’d like to have it too :)

pod farm crashes after few seconds of playing / recording with any other software too...

for sure line 6 pod UX2 and pod farm 2.5 are far behind development. To be honest it feels like line6 wants to stop those product (or maybe they’re not trying to be competitive anymore!?) 

pod farm 2.59 crashes after few seconds of playing 

recording will be tough. If you love Line 6 Produkts (appr. T200€) More Thanks you live your mac (appr. 2000€) then go for Line 6

if you still live your mac then Update to Catalina and choose any other brand for your audio interface

i recently bought a POD UX 2 and honestly it’s not worth the 200 bucks. 6 months after Catalina being released and they still didn’t follow ... 

looks like they dumped this product dev tbh

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi 

I used to work with My Line 6 UX2 where I plug my microphone with my MacBook Pro. Recently I decided to buy a new MacBook Pro under Catalina... And from that moment, my UX2 doesn't work anymore. I made some researches and finally found that apple does not accept the podfarm app anymore. Do you think LINE 6 is going to update PODFARM so I can use it again or do you think I should by a new machine ?  I know it is a 10 years old machine but.... I am so disappointed.... If you have any solution (except installing back the older version of Mac OS...)

Thks...

• 5 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, kevthegoldfish said:

Hi 

I used to work with My Line 6 UX2 where I plug my microphone with my MacBook Pro. Recently I decided to buy a new MacBook Pro under Catalina... And from that moment, my UX2 doesn't work anymore. I made some researches and finally found that apple does not accept the podfarm app anymore. Do you think LINE 6 is going to update PODFARM so I can use it again or do you think I should by a new machine ?  I know it is a 10 years old machine but.... I am so disappointed.... If you have any solution (except installing back the older version of Mac OS...)

Thks...

Hi I also use my UX2 many years, and once i installed Catalina when I try to record has been interrupted and stuck. Have you found any solution or you have installed the older version. I have downloaded all the necessary drivers but still sticking

• 5 months later...

Hi, I've just updated my macbook pro mid 2012 from macOS Mojave to Catalina and my POD studio UX2 stop working. When I connect it and play any song with iTunes for example, after couple minutes stop working. Any help, it would be very welcome.