Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Recall Firmware & Battery Life

godoq

On 11/10/2021 at 1:28 AM, cruisinon2 said:

Two words: avoiding liability. It is what it is. If you want to continue to use an otherwise good product, then just bite the bullet and get the new version of the transmitter. Early reports from the wild indicate that it's on par with the pre- "update" battery life. Is this a $hitty situation? Yes. Should it cost you more money to continue to use a neutered product because some genius decided to charge their battery forever and burned the house down? No... but sometimes life is... well let's just call it "less than ideal". This is one of those times...

Hi cruisinon2 I appreciate your input.   I'm thinking after following this situation for some time,  to use an 8000 mAh  16340 3.7v battery in place of the ICB17280 600 mah 3.7v battery.  I know it won't fit into the structure however will retro fit it and to tidy it up use some shrink wrap.  I think when fully charged and used in my particular circumstance it will allow the G10 relay to last a VERY long time and will need very little recharge cycles.  Given the 8000mah battery can receive 500-1000 cycle recharges;   I'm hopeful this will last me forever so to speak.  I've bought a pack of 4 batteries to quick fix the next time.