Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Version In New Jtv

Hi all,

I'm going in to the local shop to try a JTV59 and 69 tomorrow. These were received by the shop recently after a period of none being available due to a change in the Australian distributer.

So, is there any way of finding out the firmware version without a computer?

Would anyone care to speculate what version would be installed?

Is there a way to tell by the serial number i.e. manufacture date versus fimware release date?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks

Ted

It really doesn't matter which firmware version is installed now because it will soon be outdated. Line 6 has announced a pending firmware update so you will want to use a computer to update soon anyway. Best prepare for that, and in the meantime use the computer to find out what firmware version is currently installed.

Thanks guys.

I will take my laptop to the shop with me and hope they are OK with me checking/updating the firmware.

The main reason I want to know is the apparent palm muting issue. This is the only thing holding me back form purchasing a JTV. If the guitar in the shop is pre 1.9 then I wont be testing it as the best it can be. That being said if it is pre 1.9 and it satisfies my needs then it can only get better!!