Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Microphone as stand alone input

Kidwags

I'm having issues working with OBS and other programs like Zoom and my Line 6 Floor Microphone set up. Do I need to create a separate Block in HX Edit in order to use my microphone as my go to Microphone/interface with Helix? When working with OBS Labs or Zoom these programs see, but can't connect to Helix as a Microphone set up. Is there something in Global Settings I need to be switching on/off? Thank you

A few things to look into....

- make sure your computer’s audio settings specify Helix as the input (recording) and output device

- if you are using a condenser (as opposed to dynamic) microphone you need to turn on the Mic In 48V Phantom power (Global Settings)

- you may need to increase the Mic In Gain setting (Global Settings)

- make sure you select Mic as the Input Block source in the Helix preset 
- make sure you include USB1/2 in the Output block setting in the Helix preset 

Optionally you can use the Studio Preamp and other FX blocks in the mic’s signal path in the Helix preset.

Thanks for advice I should have added more info! I'm using SM 57 dynamic mic, plugged into Helix Mic in put XLR. Mic gain 30db in Global Settings. Are you saying I need to open an empty preset and just add Mic source Input Block? And then USB 1/2 Output block?

Not sure if this applies... but I just did a setup where I play guitar through Helix Native, I connect the output of my audio interface to the Line-In on my PC's soundcard (couldn't figure a way to do that virtually).  It works!  Maybe connect one of your Helix's output to your PC's Line In?