Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Comprehensive models list for 2.82

DannyMcO

Does someone at Line 6 or Yamaha - or someone here - have an updated f/x, AMP and speaker models list for 2.82 on a spreadsheet they can share? Not just the adds - the whole thing, all the models on Helix as of 2.82.

Doesn't it make sense to have a consistently updated, living document somewhere?

7 minutes ago, phil_m said:

The manual for Helix Native is updated with every release and lists all current models.

I don't really track updates on products I don't have so I don't know if there's a more recent update than this one I just searched for.

If not, there's a significant difference in updates between Helix Native and Helix firmware, so the lists won't match.

70B784CA-6286-4290-A271-F5540161F71F.jpeg

7 hours ago, DannyMcO said:

If not, there's a significant difference in updates between Helix Native and Helix firmware, so the lists won't match.

I'm not sure what you mean here. The date on your screenshot is Sept of last year, and v1.82 of Native corresponds to firmware v2.82 of the Helix hardware.

Regardless, the links from @Ilya-V are also a good resource. Also have a look at www.helixhelp.com

8 hours ago, DannyMcO said:

I don't really track updates on products I don't have so I don't know if there's a more recent update than this one I just searched for.

70B784CA-6286-4290-A271-F5540161F71F.jpeg

Native is on a different numbering schedule than the hardware right now (will change in the future), but Native 1.82 corresponds to the hardware version 2.82.

2 hours ago, qwerty42 said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. The date on your screenshot is Sept of last year, and v1.82 of Native corresponds to firmware v2.82 of the Helix hardware.

Regardless, the links from @Ilya-V are also a good resource. Also have a look at www.helixhelp.com

My bad. I didn't update to 2.82 until recently, and inadvertently mistook the March 2020 date on the most recent Line 6 Updater release to be the 2.82 release date. So I was operating on what seemed to be (in my mind) a 6 month variance in release dates between Native 1.82 and Helix 2.82.

Thanks for the clarity,

• Like 1

That's great, thanks for this list!

I am actually searching for something slightly different:

A list of the HX stomp factory presets (setlist), where one can see what all the presets made of, maybe even including a little description?

If you need a sound just quickly, right out of the box, having to click through hundreds of presets is very time consuming.

I've found one spread sheet somewhere for the 2.80 version, but obviously a lot has changed since (2.82). 

Any feedback will be appreciated! 

2 hours ago, fritz_zickert said:

That's great, thanks for this list!

I am actually searching for something slightly different:

A list of the HX stomp factory presets (setlist), where one can see what all the presets made of, maybe even including a little description?

If you need a sound just quickly, right out of the box, having to click through hundreds of presets is very time consuming.

I've found one spread sheet somewhere for the 2.80 version, but obviously a lot has changed since (2.82). 

Any feedback will be appreciated! 

Shouldn’t be any changes to the factory presets going from 2.80 to 2.82. 2.81 and 2.82 were just bug fixes.

Thanks. 

I was confused because the list I've found was the wrong one - it was probably for the larger Helix devices (the list had 01A / 01B / 01C / 01D etc.), but I have a HX Stomp, that has only A/B/C per number. 

I've searched through the whole forum, and I've found an up-to-date list of the preset NAMES, but that was not what I was looking for: something which gives a hint what type of sound it actually is, maybe what type of effects and amp sims are being used. 

Some people in the forum have put together a list, guessing names of bands and songs, very funny, but that again seems to be Helix, not HX Stomp: 

Anyway, some of the presets have the same or a similar name between Helix and HX. I'll just have to play around and find out myself. I just wonder why the very first couple of presets do already sound so terrible (to me) and overloaded, that it discourages me to listen to all of them. Nonetheless, I'm absolutely confident that I can create cool and satisfying stuff (for MY ears) with that device! 

Again, thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2020 at 10:07 AM, Bboy19 said:

Hi, attached is an update xls file. It now has icons and some paging updates.

Helix Amp Cabs Effects List xls.xls 64 kB · 23 downloads

Helix Amp Cabs Effects List xls.xls 1.53 MB · 15 downloads

Thanks so much on this. SUPER helpful, exactly what I was looking for.