Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unwanted high frequency at high Vol.

Hi guys, 

Having immense fun with my used Spider75 with FBV II.

That is until I bang the volume up. When proper loud it grows as tinny as hell. I know this is a trait of digital amps, but my question is this:-

Is it possible to attenuate the sound from the tweeter, and knock it back a bit. Even if using my own pedals through the clean channel as the well as all of the presets. Could I dampen 'ole tweety-pie completely inside the cab with strategically placed cloth/foam or something?

Cheers.

There is no 'tweeter' on a Spider IV 75, it is a full-frequency speaker.  Guessing what you are hearing is the usual digital fizziness.  EQ will help - the treble knob, and an EQ pedal in your chain might help some.

Thanks, I thought it may be similar to the spider V, which has an adjustable tweeter, but fixed.

I can reduce the trebel and increase the bass controls no probs, and get a more tube-like grunt. Unfortunately, when I shift presets back and forth the settings revert back to the tin-smith whacking away at his anvil. Thanks for the advice on lining in an eq. I happen to have a Beringer eq 700 in my box of tricks. Time to put it to work. Out of curiosity...if I used the line out into another cab, not full range, how many watts would the speaker need to be to handle the the output?

Thanks again for your advice.