Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crackling "Plob" while Channel switching

pklezok

Hi!

My DT50 makes hard noise when I switch between the channels. If switching within one Amp modell configuration with just two different Tone / Gain setings, no creacklings noticeable. If I switch from e.g. Class A to Class B the "plob" is unacceptable. Also while switching e.g. within Class A between Modell II and III the noise is far to loud. 

BUT, if I switch for 5 or 6 times in succession the noise is gone. This dooes not work for all combinations but for some. If I wait 1 or two minutes without switching the "plobs" come back while switching.

Seems like something (capasitor or other component) will be charged. 

I can not use the amp on stage (playing loud) because these plops gets realy loud.

Any suggestion? I am not clueless if it comes to electronics but if this is a general feature it makes no sense to start searching. 

This is not tube related!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. The "Plob" you hear when changing  classes on the DT amps is unavoidable because the output stage is being reconfigured electronically. It is a bit annoying, but in a band context I've never had it be a big problem for me. I guess it depends on the kind of music you're playing. I would also make sure your tubes are biased properly.

When changing the volume (by pressing the keyboard keys) this icon pop ups, right in the ... Xubuntu 18.04 daily front left and right left channels are not balanced in PulseAudio ... It's a kind of plob sound. It's not ... I tried these fixes Static and crackling sound coming from speakers in 19.04 Cracking and popping sound from .

Liteblue