Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording doesnt sound right

rsvette12

Hi Guys:

Just using headphones on a PC with a backing track in a daw - if I play the helix tone sounds great but after I record it the sound of helix track doesnt sound good (the same as what I am hearing) - like a lot of the effects are missing - I just want to do wet recording 

Any ideas what might be the issue ? thanks much

Thanks Buddy

PC - OS win10 - Studio one - helix connected usb right to computer - Headphone out cable to amps - headphones plugged into amps - 1 preamp little dot iii and an emotiva main amp

It records just not the same quality I am hearing real time in headphones

I might be wrong interpreting your audio signal flow, but aren’t you recording USB out, i.e., a signal that stills needs to run through your amps on playback to match what you are hearing in your headphones while recording. Maybe your recording path to your ears is exactly the same as your playback path, but there could be a few pitfalls the way you are monitoring and comparing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2