Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Drivers!!!

MotherGo0se

I know Line 6 is pretty busy with promotion of the latest products, but it would be nice to at least update drivers. It's becoming almost impossible to listen anything trough youtube if you're using Pod HD 500x as interface. Don't get me started with UX1, In latest Reaper you cannot go more then an hour without system crushing. 

1 hour ago, spaceatl said:

Trying switching to a USB 2.0 port if you computer has one...My computer has both and I get the same thing is I use USB 3.0....On 2.0 I have left it on for days with no crashes...Also use Reaper on Windows 10.

That will not solve the problem of playback. It's not Usb port it's outdated driver that is causing these issues. 

1 hour ago, MotherGo0se said:

That will not solve the problem of playback. It's not Usb port it's outdated driver that is causing these issues. 

Not true.

An update to stabilize USB 3.0 would require new USB firmware, not necessarily the audio driver...You are using a decade old modeler and it is doubtful that an update will happen anytime in the future, if ever. If you want it to be stable, use a USB 2.0 port...If you want it to continue crashing, keep doing what you are doing...If you would like some help troubleshooting it, give a little information about the computer you are using and I would be glad to try and help you.

Other things that can cause this can be related to your particular motherboard...Insure you bios and other firmware is updated and any chipset drivers are updated as well. Another cause can be power management settings in the USB Root Controller. This is more common on laptops as sometimes some manufactures don't delineate a difference between battery and on power..

Best of luck to you.

OP, if you do have a USB 2 port available on your machine then it is quite straightforward to try. It would be helpful for others to know if it helped you either way.

Personally, I've tried that and it did not help me, so I don't think it is a universal cure. All my drivers are up to date.

The POD HD500X is a current product, and there are clearly some issues with the USB connectivity judging by the number of posts on the subject.

Here's an article that can help to identify which port is which.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/how-do-i-know-if-my-computer-has-usb-3-0-ports/

DM

There are issues with USB 3.0 streaming audio with older devices built for USB 2.0.  Backwards compatibility isn't as perfect as we'd like to believe.  This is not just a Line6 issue.  I just went through this on a TASCAM audio interface.  I'm not going to guarantee this is the solution but it's cured the problem a number of times. 

As far as device drivers from Line6 for the PODHD, that ain't gonn'a happen.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:41 PM, spaceatl said:

Not true.

An update to stabilize USB 3.0 would require new USB firmware, not necessarily the audio driver...You are using a decade old modeler and it is doubtful that an update will happen anytime in the future, if ever. If you want it to be stable, use a USB 2.0 port...If you want it to continue crashing, keep doing what you are doing...If you would like some help troubleshooting it, give a little information about the computer you are using and I would be glad to try and help you.

Other things that can cause this can be related to your particular motherboard...Insure you bios and other firmware is updated and any chipset drivers are updated as well. Another cause can be power management settings in the USB Root Controller. This is more common on laptops as sometimes some manufactures don't delineate a difference between battery and on power..

Best of luck to you.

First of all thank you for your reply, I see you are trying to reach out. I have an old Asus laptop which I preserved mainly for my guitar. I know being on any kind of internet network is not audio friendly, but I like to jump on youtube from times to times, for backingtracks, or sometimes just to hear what I'm aiming for. It runs on quad core with 4 gb of ram, like I said it's an old lap with old motherboard and it doesn't even have USB3 port. It is still on windows 7 which is sculpted and optimized for Pod Farm 2.5 for my Ux1. I love that little black box still to this day. Both UX1 and Pod HD 500x are ALWAYS connected on USB 2 ports. I know Win 7 is over and out, but since I really don't need any security updates for this laptop, I don't really care. The only thing that bothers me it's outdated driver which cannot continue running apps that it use to. 

8 hours ago, MotherGo0se said:

First of all thank you for your reply, I see you are trying to reach out. I have an old Asus laptop which I preserved mainly for my guitar. I know being on any kind of internet network is not audio friendly, but I like to jump on youtube from times to times, for backingtracks, or sometimes just to hear what I'm aiming for. It runs on quad core with 4 gb of ram, like I said it's an old lap with old motherboard and it doesn't even have USB3 port. It is still on windows 7 which is sculpted and optimized for Pod Farm 2.5 for my Ux1. I love that little black box still to this day. Both UX1 and Pod HD 500x are ALWAYS connected on USB 2 ports. I know Win 7 is over and out, but since I really don't need any security updates for this laptop, I don't really care. The only thing that bothers me it's outdated driver which cannot continue running apps that it use to. 

Windows 7....LOL! I have a Sonar 5 workstation with UAD-1 cards on Windows 7. It's dedicated audio and I never use it anymore but it still works great...Has an old 8x8 EMU interface...but I digress.

As I recall, I have never had much luck having more than one USB interface connected in Windows. In fact, I can remember quite few folks having issues with USB printers back when HD was first released and WiFi printers were a bit less common. Both use streaming mode. Does it happen with UX1 disconnected? Line 6 support might suggest only plugging in one interface at a time.

Another thing it could be is a USB Hub....try moving it to the opposite side...Some laptops have a hub for the multi port side...usually avoid the left side...right side is generally a real single port...just a thought as hubs really mess with these things.

You would likely have better luck rolling the driver back or just biting the bullet and updating to Windows 10...My Old HD works great on an 8 year old Sony Vaio...Same one you see on the Silicon Valley sitcom...I just swapped the drive for an SSD and it flies...totally stable unless I use the USB3 port...It was one the first machines with USB3 and likely the problem is my computer as the early implementations kinda sucked.

Good luck!

On 4/6/2020 at 1:30 AM, spaceatl said:

Windows 7....LOL! I have a Sonar 5 workstation with UAD-1 cards on Windows 7. It's dedicated audio and I never use it anymore but it still works great...Has an old 8x8 EMU interface...but I digress.

As I recall, I have never had much luck having more than one USB interface connected in Windows. In fact, I can remember quite few folks having issues with USB printers back when HD was first released and WiFi printers were a bit less common. Both use streaming mode. Does it happen with UX1 disconnected? Line 6 support might suggest only plugging in one interface at a time.

Another thing it could be is a USB Hub....try moving it to the opposite side...Some laptops have a hub for the multi port side...usually avoid the left side...right side is generally a real single port...just a thought as hubs really mess with these things.

You would likely have better luck rolling the driver back or just biting the bullet and updating to Windows 10...My Old HD works great on an 8 year old Sony Vaio...Same one you see on the Silicon Valley sitcom...I just swapped the drive for an SSD and it flies...totally stable unless I use the USB3 port...It was one the first machines with USB3 and likely the problem is my computer as the early implementations kinda sucked.

Good luck!

No what I meant is both UX1 and Pod are always connecting trough USB 2 ports. I don't keep Pod 500x running all the time, but my UX1 is always on. It is useless to keep both units connected at the same time unless you want to use Pod Farm or its parts, as a post plugin. I'm off track now. Everything is connected as it was before when it was going smoothly, but the internet stuff is just not compatible any more. Hence the update. Cheers.