Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10/Yamaha THR Update?

agleckler

Hi Line 6 + co,

I'm using the G10 transmitter with the new Yamaha THR30II. I'm having difficulty getting the G10 to either charge, or update. I got it to where it was charging for a few months, but now even when the amp and G10 are plugged in - nothing. Just the low battery red light blinking. I imagine it's part of a firmware incompatibility thing.

If there are specific instructions for how to get the latest firmware when using the THR30 as the charging/receiving dock, please let me know.

Thanks very much. Wishing you all well. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have a Yamaha THR30W11 & a Line 6 G10T, both bought new in Feb 20 and used every day since with absolutely no problems. BUT, following the manufacturers instructions I have updated the firmware in both items as per their instructions and both were confirmed as updated sucessfully.

HOWEVER - THR30 now will not charge the G10T at all, nothing. If the G10T is plugged in with 'some charge' still in its battery, the amp simply fully discharges it within a short time. Previously a full charge from red led only took a couple of hours max. Now no charge at all...  And am now left with an unuseable G10T...

I have emailed the shop I bought from -  waiting for a reply.

• 8 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 9:03 AM, lungho said:

Have you checked the following page?  It has all the info you need for whichever device(s) that you own.

https://line6.com/g10recall/

I have the GT10 with Yamama THR30 II as well. The page you linked to doesn't work - at all. You can't click on any of the languages. When I use the line 6 updater it says no devices detected. 

I find it dumbfounding that in 2021 they have made it *this* difficult to porform a simple update. Whoever runs software for this company should be summarily fired and replaced with someone competent. 

I just bought the THR10II and the G10 a week ago and they work just fine together.  I bought the G10 with the receiver so I could use it in other situations, as well, and I updated it via the Line6 updater.  But you can’t update the THR that way (it’s Yamaha, not Line6).  You do that through the THR Remote app on your computer.  I think, though I didn’t do it this way, that the THR remote app will also update the G10T if it’s plugged into the THR.

btw, G10 update info is here.