Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LOADING IR's

clivea

Hi folks,

I have purchased some very good presets from a guy (he's in hospital with the coronavirus, poor chap, so unfortunately I can't speak to him).

In his docs. he says that the IR's (supplied seperately), should be installed, if not the presets will not sound as they should do - I have a problem loading them ....

I am 'clicking' on IMPULSES, and dragging the IR's across from my desktop, but as soon as I drag them across, the list changes to 'User 1', so they will not go in the IR's list. Am I doing something wrong????

Clive

Wow!!!! that was a quick response my friend - thanks a lot.

When I 'click'; on RESONSES the line 'COPY - PASTE - IMPORT - EXPORT - CLEAR' is all greyed out, so I cannot select IMPORT????

Clive

in HX Edit I see the Import/Export options greyed out until I select an IR slot. Then they become active. You can import several IRs at once - they will fill the slots downward beginning with the selected slot.

Then again, I can drag/drop IRs successfully and you can't seem to. So whatever is affecting that might also be affecting the Import/Export functions.

1 hour ago, clivea said:

SCREEN SHOT 2.pdf 124.96 kB · 4 downloads

Shot 1, is when I open the IR's folder on my desktop and try to drag the IR's across into the IMPULSES file. The IMPULSES file changes to USER 1.

Shot 2, is when I select IMPORT, showing my IR's folder empty.

Clive

SCREEN SHOT 1.pdf 181.4 kB · 1 download

Those look like they're presets, not IRs.

In your File Explorer window, go over to the View tab on top, and in the Show/Hide panel, click the box that says "File name extensions". IR files should have a .wav extension. Helix presets have a .hlx extension.

3 hours ago, clivea said:

You're spot on Phil. They're presets.

Now I don't understand why he says they should be installed for the presets to work properly?????

Clive

Looks like he maybe grabbed the wrong files when he was putting these together for you. He is right, though, in that you’ll need the same IR files he’s using in order for presets that use those IRs to sound right.

• 1 month later...