Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 MIDI changes effects

Davidof90

Hi folks,

I have difficulties with sending MIDI CC and PC commands from Ableton Live.

In fact everything is working well, i just noticed that my effect settings are being changed after using CC / PC commands. Are there any commands that are able to change effect settings? I can't find it in the advanced manual.

Thanks
David

When you say your effects setting are changing, do you mean you see the parameters changing? There are no CCs associated with any of the parameters. The only thing I can think that might be happening is that Ableton might be sending the MIDI CCs associated with EXP1 and EXP2 to the M13, and those in turn may be changing parameters on the effects.

6 hours ago, phil_m said:

When you say your effects setting are changing, do you mean you see the parameters changing? There are no CCs associated with any of the parameters. The only thing I can think that might be happening is that Ableton might be sending the MIDI CCs associated with EXP1 and EXP2 to the M13, and those in turn may be changing parameters on the effects.

Thanks for you reply.

In fact 2 things happened:

1) I had a 'Hall' effect which had different values after using PC and CC commands from Ableton

2) There I had 2 delays which had been changed from delay TYPE, so a 'Reverse' was changed into 'Stereo Delay'

After executing the Ableton track always the same changes were made. I suspect the PC  (program change) from doing strange things.

Does anyone know what the 'Bank' and 'Sub' values would do? 

Also strange: PC values in the manual do not correspond to the correct Scenes on my M13..

David