Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lowering Latency of Helix for on line use

I am currently using my Helix as an audio interphase to rehearse on line with my band. I am using a MacBook and have everything set up the same as I have it set up for recording on garage band. Is there settings on the helix I should be changing to lower the latency that are effecting my on line latency?

Thanks

In this thread we are discussing the same thing... the guy said he found some free software that claims to allow online rehearsal... maybe with some fancy software latency could be minimized to playable levels, I don't know.  I intend to investigate it later.

The software is call Jamulus:

http://llcon.sourceforge.net/

If you try it, let me know how it works for you.

• 1 month later...

Typically we are seeing 25-30 ms latency end to end which we can live with and we have been rehearsing together for a few weeks now, that said we are all in the same area in the UK (SW London) and our Jamulus server is in London AWS 

We have a mix of interfaces, I would not say the LT is any better or worse than the others from a latency perspective