Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp / Audio Interface / Reaper DAW / Output works for few seconds

DanielsonSVK

Hello,

I've started using my HX stomp as audio interface to make some recordings. I use Reaper as DAW. Recording works flawlessly, but when I try to playback, the sound gous from HX stomp only for 5-10 seconds after boot. After that, it will not play any audio from PC. I've tried to select only output 1 or 2, tried different combination of the ranges in ASIO driver with documentation in hand. But it still behaves the same - once i restart the HX stomp, the audio works for few seconds, then it stops. There are also some noticable audio artifacts in the backround - some popping.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Sounds like your computer can't handle the ASIO settings. Assuming that you've got at least an i5 with 8gb, try 48k/128spls.

Also, if you're using a desktop, use the USB ports in the back, not the front. If it's a laptop, try the USB ports on the other side.

Try different USB cables too.

• Like 1

Thanks rd2rk for your tips. You were absolutely right, I had the USB cable connected to the USB slot on the case. Now, when the cable is connected directly to the motherboard it works flawlessly. Previous audio intefraces had no problem with USB slots on the case, but there were not as many channels as this tiny machine offers.

Time to enjoy the corona quarantine.