Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Vs Pod Hd 500 x

bluesmusic73

•  
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Hi i am a blues hard rock guitarist who has been using  a pod hd 300 ever sense it came out. I am looking to upgrade it either to a 500x or the go and i was wondering what would be better. Here is a example of the stuff i play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmB-RQUmkvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCYqtcJpFi4

Pretty much.  It's great they have such a variety of Helix devices now at a wide range of prices.  Look carefully at each one to make sure it does what you need.  There's a reason for the different prices and that means less flexibility and features as the price gets lower.

22 hours ago, bluesmusic73 said:

So the pod go is like the hd300 just with helix tones only reason I was comparing is they are close to the same price.

Maybe from a price point perspective if you compare and HD300/400 to a 500...PodGo is next generation compared to a 300/400 IMO.

HD300 and HD400 had the old PRE/POST chain options and only certain FX could be loaded in certain slots. Scenes is the other thing HD doesn't have...The amp models and FX are better and the thing that has really impressed me about Helix that they brought to PodGo is that the amp defaults are actually usable...As most longtime HD users know, the defaults in HD are not so great and some models have bad DEP settings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluesmusic73 said:

I am doing more research i may get the hx stomp with the expression pedal i can use that for recording right into a amp pa or any backline.

If recording is your highest priority, the stomp makes a lot of sense to me....Mainly because the audio interface SN ratio, ADC, DAC etc... in the Helix line is really about as good as good as it gets with a 24 bit interface. The price point for the Helix interface quality level is really a great value IMO. Especially with the Stomp.

But PodGo sounds fantastic too...Just depends on what you priorities are...For live use, no one would be able to tell the difference. For studio, maybe it's important to you.