Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

10 year old iMac going to new iMac with Catalina

aaron__aardvark

I have an iMac that is at least 10 years old and the monitor is getting pretty bad, though mostly visible (Mac OSX 10.11).  This week I'm getting a new iMac (with Catalina 10.15).  I have already read about Line 6's statement about Catalina. Other than using Apple's Migration Assistant, anything I need to know regarding Helix Native and migrating over to a new iMac?  I use Cubase AI8, though it sounds like that won't work with Catalina.  Lucky for me (hopefully), Steinberg sent me a free license for Cubase 10.5 LE recently.

Congrats on a new iMac! I've heard of a lot of issues with various plug-ins, drivers and apps with the new Catalina OS. I know Apple was trying to tighten up security, but I think they messed up the Catalina rollout royally.

I have been using Catalina on MBP (2017) for about 6 months. I'm using Ableton 10 with Helix Native, Eventide H3000, a bunch of Valhalla plugins, Wave plugins, and more. No issues at all. Apple did beef up security, but that has not an impact on any of the plugins I use.