Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Day 1...connection interruption/ device not found.

spg244

Pod Go Edit loses connection after a minute or so.  Decent laptop, running Windows 10.  Using factory USB cable. Updated to latest version and drivers. Suggestions on computer settings, cable issues?  Frustrated!

Thanks

On 4/20/2020 at 10:31 AM, spg244 said:

Thanks Pappy.  Update, I used a cheap newer computer and it worked fine.  Maybe try a newer laptop.

Funny. I have the problem with my brand new (<2 weeks old) Lenovo Yoga C740 in either of its USB-A ports. My 7 year old ASUS laptop? Connection is rock solid. I was planning to retire the laptop but until I hear otherwise, I guess it's gotten a stay of execution. 8-)

PS - I still need L6 to reply because sooner or later the greybeard laptop is going to die.

Check power management setting on the USB root controller in Device manager...

try different ports...Usually, the right hand side port is dedicated, left hand where multiple ports are will have an internal hub...Historically, PODs do not play well with USB hubs

If it have USB-C, Maybe try an adapter?

Insure that your BIOS, Chipset and other MB firmware is up to date

Insure Windows 10 is up to date

On 4/21/2020 at 10:56 PM, spaceatl said:

If it have USB-C, Maybe try an adapter?

USB-c seems to be where everything's going. My Lenovo has two C and two A ports but charging is via the C ports. I wonder if the USB handling for the USB-A ports is "seen" by the laptop like it's on a hub? I used to be a computer guy but that was 20+ years ago and I'm becoming a luddite in this regard now. Are there  USB-A/C converters and would that work? WHat about a USB-B to USB-C cable instead of an adapter.

Bettter yet, why is Line 6 still using USB-B ports?!? 8-)

When I said adapter, I meant a cable adapter (USB-A to USB-C). I have have been a developer on Windows and Mac for over 30 years now...Things are basically the same, just the terminology is updated and the scale is a lot bigger.

You want a USB-A to USB-C cable adapter...I have not tried a USB-B to USB-C. I don't see why that would not technically work from what I know about USB, but I have not tried that for myself as I have only USB-A to USB-C cable adapters. I use those all the time with my macbook pro as USB-C is all that it has. Just need an adapter cable to whatever you need...NIC, HDMI, USB-A, VGA, power....really dig the unified interface and it will be nice when everything else catches up. Adapter cable has worked for everything thing USB-A I have tried. Not just Line 6 hardware.

Methinks Line 6 is using the USB-B hardware on the POD because it is less expensive.

• 4 months later...
On 4/18/2020 at 1:22 AM, spg244 said:

Pod Go Edit loses connection after a minute or so.  Decent laptop, running Windows 10.  Using factory USB cable. Updated to latest version and drivers. Suggestions on computer settings, cable issues?  Frustrated!

Thanks

I have this same problem. I open up my DAW (reaper) and it works fine. i can record via my DAW. But my Pod Go Edit says 'connection interrupted' within seconds of launching. Have tried Uninstalling and installing software again to no avail. May i know how you fixed this problem?

On 9/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, kenyap said:

I have this same problem. I open up my DAW (reaper) and it works fine. i can record via my DAW. But my Pod Go Edit says 'connection interrupted' within seconds of launching. Have tried Uninstalling and installing software again to no avail. May i know how you fixed this problem?

On 9/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, kenyap said:

usb issues do happen unfortunatly. Tipically might be because of your host system (your computer). First don't connect to a usb hub, connect directly to a usb on the computer (preferabily the ones on the back of the pc if it's a desktop). Try also another usb port if available. And on the laptops disable the usb energy saving.