Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mac OS Catalina, POD FARM 2.59 crashes

Here is what is happening.  If i restart my MAC and go right to Pod Farm 2, it works on the first tone i select, and sometimes, the second one, for just a few seconds, then I get audio glitches, where it sorta starts repeating the last sound over and over.  If I close Pod Farm and reopen it, no sound is generated.  If I restart my mac, it works again as before for the first tone, but then glitches if I change tones.   According to the below FAQ, POD Farm 2 is compatible with 64 bit Catalina, but I should download the latest version which will be 64 bit. But on the downloads section for Pod Farm, I only see the last version from 2015 which is not 64 bit compatible.  

This is what I see when I go to re-download Pod Farm 2, notice no Catalina compatibility.  So how do I get the 64 bit Pod Farm 2? :

Version 2.59 of POD Farm 2 adds support for Apple OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

Compatible OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS Leopard, Mac OS Snow Leopard, Mac OS Lion, Mac OS Mountain Lion, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite, Mac OS El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I also have this issue, that’s really annoying as I just purchased the UX2 and cannot use it.

having one month to return it, so I guess I won’t wait too long if no update is coming next week... the UX2 will be going back to its originator and that lot of money back to me.

i just mean to say Catalina was released mid October last year... half a year (not counting the beta version I presume the Line6 developers should have) is already a long time to just make a driver for 64 bits OS... 

also lots of musicians use Apple Macs... ijs 

I created a ticket.

i will keep you guys here posted, or at least I’ll try.

@aleshin

On 5/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, aleshin said:

line6 put to us and questions diск)))

bull $hit support !!!

1) being rude might not be best way to get support in general... just makes others want to avoid you. 

2) being polite, on the other hand, and reasonably speaking, can really be efficient in explaining your disappointment.

3) they (Line6 company) already have your money. So in the end you’re the one in trouble now. Not them. 
4) if nevertheless should you still ignore that and wish to be rude, do not hesitate to create a dedicated thread, we, here, are trying to get efficient support On a constructive way 

as an example of politely talking and for your guidance:

if anyone from Line6 support team read this topic, by any chance, it would really be appreciated by us, Line6 customers, that our supplier is consider the trouble we are into at the moment.

we all understand that due to the covid19 situation the lead time of treating tickets is impacted. Nevertheless your customers are also impacted by the situation, and being confined is for us the opportunity to enjoy more often the Line6 products we purchased. 
fixing this issue might settle a good relation with the impacted customers, whereas not fixing this issue soon will make your concurrent make more customers.

considering the unsatisfied customers can have more impact and influence than satisfied customers.

thanks in advance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Promised to keep you posted 

Still didn’t receive any answer ... but in their confirmation email they state they’ll need 3 business days to provide feedback. 

within 3 business days I could have recorded a lot of parts ... 

maybe if you guys also create tickets it will make them take this issue more seriously?

I have the same issue with my POD UX2 when i connect device to macbook with Catalina. After few seconds/minutes - its random - i hear audio glitches and repeting sound over and over. When i reconnect POD it happens again... What's going on line6?

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2020 at 12:27 AM, Exandez said:

I have the same issue with my POD UX2 when i connect device to macbook with Catalina. After few seconds/minutes - its random - i hear audio glitches and repeting sound over and over. When i reconnect POD it happens again... What's going on line6?

Could you please create a ticket? 
they might as well tell you to contact  Apple. Nonsense, as other Audio interfaces manufacturers such as FocusRite and Steinberg also encountered an issue but THEY already fixed their drivers and apps, but still Line6, out of incompetence is asking you to contact Apple. but if you don’t wish to contact Apple... Rest assure you don’t have to.
maybe Line6 thinks that just because of them Apple will remove Catalina and ask the whole world to stop updating their Macs or stop buying new ones ... 

Well I contacted Apple as asked in the ticket I created, they’ve been really supportive and we tried everything on the Mac during 1 hour over the phone.

Conclusion: Please contact Line6 To have them update their softwares and pilots. That’s the last possible issue that is remaining.

I think I will ask some youtubers To make a video of this issue and send them the content of my ticket by Line6 support.

that won’t be good for the company but they fooling us ... so it’s kinda they force us to do so, don’t you think?

By the way.

if you use pod farm, just plugin everything (instrument and so on) to the pod but do NOT yet connect pod to Mac

Just ensure all inputs are muted 

then start your Mac

login and all and start safari window or iTunes or any app not susceptible to use your POD at anytime

Connect your POD To USB on Mac

launch the license manager 

get it authorize your POD (again, as every time you plug it in, as Line6 bad developers didn’t take the time to make a license file) 

Start POD Farm

immediately switch to safari window

enjoy the non crashing 

go back to POD Farm and play few seconds in case you miss the crashes

I'm Having the same issues with the repeating glitch after the latest Catalina 10.15.4 update.  Every time I upgrade its just more issues.  I was thinking to myself it might be time to leave 

Leave line 6 behind.  The constant issues are just to bother some. And there are probably lots of superior products and companies with better tech support.

• Upvote 2

they are put of us a big DIkCCcc  )))

they won’t be anything, we must understand that they received money for us and now we are lollipop for them, tell others )))

or u are still trust, in that look this forum )))) ???

13 hours ago, aleshin said:

they are put of us a big DIkCCcc  )))

they won’t be anything, we must understand that they received money for us and now we are lollipop for them, tell others )))

or u are still trust, in that look this forum )))) ???

have you created a ticket?

On 5/15/2020 at 9:06 PM, jedijim said:

I'm Having the same issues with the repeating glitch after the latest Catalina 10.15.4 update.  Every time I upgrade its just more issues.  I was thinking to myself it might be time to leave 

Leave line 6 behind.  The constant issues are just to bother some. And there are probably lots of superior products and companies with better tech support.

I am returning the product.

im still hesitating between Roland, Steinberg or FocusRite

what will you choose?

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 4:15 PM, LauRivBass said:

By the way.

if you use pod farm, just plugin everything (instrument and so on) to the pod but do NOT yet connect pod to Mac

Just ensure all inputs are muted 

then start your Mac

login and all and start safari window or iTunes or any app not susceptible to use your POD at anytime

Connect your POD To USB on Mac

launch the license manager 

get it authorize your POD (again, as every time you plug it in, as Line6 bad developers didn’t take the time to make a license file) 

Start POD Farm

immediately switch to safari window

enjoy the non crashing 

go back to POD Farm and play few seconds in case you miss the crashes

I cannot launch the License Manager in order to follow your directions.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:15 PM, LauRivBass said:

• Upvote 1

When using my Line6 UX8 as sound output on YT video (for exemple) the sound is detuned one full step bellow. I use a MacBook Pro (Early 2015) Catalina 10.15.5.

Line 6 says:

Hi Sergio, what year is your Macbook? On Catalina 10.15.3 the same driver worked fine across the board, but since the latest point release what we've seen is it seems the older machines are having this issue, machines after 2015 are unaffected. Unfortunately there's not too much we can do on our end. You might consider contacting Apple and see if they can shed more light or if they seeing other users reporting anything similar. Best, Line6Josh

Someone had same issue?

• 5 weeks later...

Trying to run it on my upgraded 2012 Macbook Pro with Catalina and no luck, as others have said it works for a while then suddenly there's just a strange sound loop. 

Has anyone had any luck since? If not has anyone tried any alternative products they could recommend?

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 4:24 PM, sergiohfb said:

When using my Line6 UX8 as sound output on YT video (for exemple) the sound is detuned one full step bellow. I use a MacBook Pro (Early 2015) Catalina 10.15.5.

Line 6 says:

Hi Sergio, what year is your Macbook? On Catalina 10.15.3 the same driver worked fine across the board, but since the latest point release what we've seen is it seems the older machines are having this issue, machines after 2015 are unaffected. Unfortunately there's not too much we can do on our end. You might consider contacting Apple and see if they can shed more light or if they seeing other users reporting anything similar. Best, Line6Josh

Someone had same issue?

I got the same exact message from my inquiry. It is extremely frustrating that there has not been a fix to this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

this is the answer of line 6 on my ticket.

Hi, 
This is a macOS issue which appeared after the 10.15.4 update of macOS Catalina (not before on 10.15.3) 
This problem is mostly linked to certain hardware only (mostly older Macs from before 2013 ) 
Unfortunately we can only recommend using macOS versions before 10.15.4 on such setups, there's no information available at the moment about possible macOS fixes 
Disconneting and reconnecting the interface stops the freeze 

The driver has worked on many other Catalina systems. Our QA department has yet to find the drivers to be incompatible with a Catalina-qualified Mac. In isolated situations like this, we've seen that a configuration issue is usually the root cause of the problem. Unfortunately we are not qualified to diagnose system configurations. 

At this point, I'm sorry to say that we have no other suggestions to help resolve the problem. 

Best regards, 
Line6 Technical Support

• 2 weeks later...