Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Fade In/Out

cameronroot

I'm having two issues. One is that the volume/sustain seems to roll down and cut itself out, not a natural sustain happening. Sounds forcibly rolled down to no volume. 

The second issue is some snapshots, particularly my lead tone is starting a very low volume and ramping up to where it should be. Even while on the snapshot if I am not consistently playing something it will reduce its volume and ramp up again as I start playing. 

I don't hear it. Towards the end it's hard to tell because of the filter you've got going on. When I shut that off it sustains just fine. What are you running it through? Anything up front?

I am just running through the PA and to ALTO powered speakers. The fade in/out issue has happened when I was playing through a Blackstar Club 40.

So when you are switching between the different snapshots in the preset I uploaded, when you get to the "lead" it doesn't fade the volume in?

2 minutes ago, cameronroot said:

I am just running through the PA and to ALTO powered speakers. The fade in/out issue has happened when I was playing through a Blackstar Club 40.

So when you are switching between the different snapshots in the preset I uploaded, when you get to the "lead" it doesn't fade the volume in?

What you're hearing is the filter sweep starting at different points. Using headphones, I strummed a chord and switched back and forth between the Clean and Lead snapshots. Sometimes it hit at full volume, sometimes it "swept" in, and it did that on both the Clean and Lead snapshots. Thing is, that sweep doesn't always start at the same place. There have been other posts asking how to get around that, as it happens on various modulation effects, and there's no solution, it just is.

3 minutes ago, cameronroot said:

Okay, what filter was doing that, the Reverb?

You've got a "Swell" on the "Adriatic Swell" and a "Filter Sweep" on the "Sweep Echo".

They both do it, and are probably at some point working off of each other, accentuating the unwanted effect.

You could try knocking off (or minimizing) one or the other and see if that gets it.