Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looper issue on POD HD500X

visheshkapill

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem with the looper on my POD HD500X. 

If i try to loop something on a metronome or a drum track, the loop automatically starts to get more and more out of sync after every iteration. Basically, it just speeds up after every iteration.I have tried resetting and reinstalling the firmware but still no luck.

Been struggling through this for quite a long time, can someone help me on this?

Thanks,

Vishesh

Not really much you can do for that. The looper on the HD500X doesn’t have any external sync capability, so, yeah, trying to sync it with an external drum track like that, it will eventually get off sync.

1 hour ago, visheshkapill said:

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem with the looper on my POD HD500X. 

If i try to loop something on a metronome or a drum track, the loop automatically starts to get more and more out of sync after every iteration. Basically, it just speeds up after every iteration.I have tried resetting and reinstalling the firmware but still no luck.

Been struggling through this for quite a long time, can someone help me on this?

Thanks,

Vishesh

What phil_m said in the previous post..

But if it could be a viable solution for you there would be a simple workaround:

do record also your drum track with the looper, and continue doing your overdubs, doing so they will never go out of sync with the drum track.

PS. I forgot to say that for the above workaround you need a dual chain patch, with one path dedicated to the guitar and the other parallel path empty to let the drum track signal passing through it unprocessed but recordable, you could use the AUX input for the drum track signal coming from a drum machine or an external audio interface used by your DAW or any other audio program.

Obviously once recorded in the looper, the original drum track or metronome signal should be stopped not to be recorded again and again.

Better:

use and empty patch to record the drum track signal in the looper ..

change patch for the guitar and do your overdubs

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 1 month later...

Hello

Make two channels on your presets ex:

put the guitar channel on A

And make B empty

Put a drum machine on Aux

or

Put a drum backing track on mic

Settings your inputs to 

Guitar inputs on A