Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multiple instruments on Helix

HeikoJakob

Hi,

i have multiple instruments (Bass, LP, LP drop D, ST, ... ), but can afford only one Helix.

Are there any external MIDI controlled multiplexers/guitar switches available that i can wire up to the helix ?

If so, how can i setup the helix to quickly switch between instruments and patchsets with the push of a button while on stage ?

Regards Heiko

Why not plug your other instruments into the other inputs, i.e. Aux, Return(s)?  Other than that, your question is regarding hardware that does exist but would be better directed towards a sales rep at whatever music store you frequent (p.s. if I understand your use case correctly, one solution could be a mixer with MIDI input, where you would program it to solo the channel indicated by your controller).

I'm a multi instrumentalist.... everything is routed through the Helix. 

I'm limited by the number of inputs since i only have an LT, but I still have no problems keeping it clean and tidy. 

• For my guitar input I do what @DunedinDragon says above. I have a Wireless and simply plug in each instrument as a grab it, then call it's corresponding preset(s). This includes my Electrics, 5 string banjo, Baritone, Dobro, Mandolin and Classical. 
  • Return 1 is setup for my Keyboards. 
  • Return 2 is setup for my Pedal Steel. 
  • My Variax is wired separately (VDI cable) and has it's own set of presets (eg: Acoustic, Acoustic Drop D, some electric tones, 6 String Banjo, etc... etc...)

I have helix floor

Totally possible to have up to 4 separate inputs and output where you like (to a degree)

I have had 2 guitars, bass and vocal going through their own signal path with no particular issue - snap shot to change to say solo for one guitar or another

have has 2 x synth, guitar and vocal going on separate paths with changing synth presets per snapshot.