Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX Firmware 2.90 | Helix Native 1.90

Digital_Igloo

I'm having problems updating my HX Stomp. HX Edit gives me the error message seen here...

image.thumb.png.c909bdf8f64dd22cf62333f4f49ba593.png

There is no next button, and disconnecting/reconnecting the usb cable only interrupts HX Edit which won't resume. Hitting update makes HX Edit think it successfully updated my Stomp firmware, but absolutely nothing happens on the Stomp itself, and it stays on firmware 2.82. Any ideas?

18 hours ago, uptheirons726 said:

My Mosky two button switch suddenly isn't working after the update. I had fs4 be preset down and fs5 be preset up but now only fs4 works. It won't allow to assign anything to fs5 except bypass all. Anyone else have this issue?

Same issue with my Analog Endeavors Aux 2  except fs5 works and fs4 in unresponsive.

SOLVED!!  Global Settings ->Preferences -> EXP/FS Tip -assign to FS4 -> EXP/FS Ring - assign to FS5

Edited by tkujawa
solved issue
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, uptheirons726 said:

My Mosky two button switch suddenly isn't working after the update. I had fs4 be preset down and fs5 be preset up but now only fs4 works. It won't allow to assign anything to fs5 except bypass all. Anyone else have this issue?

I have almost the same problem with my Rowin foot switch. My fs5 is working (preset up) but my fs4 is not (preset down). I have tried to restart, change preset up/down switch, but it seems that no matter what I try my two switches now are down to one. Only my fs5 work. So definetly some kind of bug that need to be sorted out...

Just now, EirikHasselberg said:

I have almost the same problem with my Rowin foot switch. My fs5 is working (preset up) but my fs4 is not (preset down). I have tried to restart, change preset up/down switch, but it seems that no matter what I try my two switches now are down to one. Only my fs5 work. So definetly some kind of bug that need to be sorted out...

You just need to set your Global Settings back to what they were. Or just Restore from Backup. The settings relating to the EXP/EXT FS jack were changed with the updated.

Had the same issue. Tried all sorts of desktop / laptop / USB port combinations and I keep getting errors all the time on Windows.

On the desktop, after one attempt, started getting failed driver errors and software did not want to see HX FX, plus device was in a boot error state from which I couldn't recover. Device - cable - port combination seemed to be good, since I was able to backup 2.82 presets.

Tried 2.82 HX updater and drivers on laptop, which ultimately failed, but at least device booted to 2.82 when powered back on. Then installed HX Edit 2.90 and tried again, HX edit sees device and preset, but connection fails systematically after 5 seconds. Tried to power off/on and install update immediately, which seemed to work until another failure was reported.

I finally rebooted device, which now says it has firmware 2.90, but will continue to drop connection after 5 seconds.

... and then I remembered that the USB cable that came with the HX is a piece of garbage. Square connector is very loose in the device plug, it seems to disconnect just by looking at it. I switched it with a longer USB cable that I have for a X32 mixer and now connection seems to hold.

• Like 1

My HX Stomp was working fine yesterday after the update but today there's no tuner.
I can go to the tuner screen but nothing works. Sound still goes through no matter what settings I chose.
EDIT: I can only go to the tuner screen if I have the USB connected! If USB is disconnected I can't even go to the tuner screen!

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

You just need to set your Global Settings back to what they were. Or just Restore from Backup. The settings relating to the EXP/EXT FS jack were changed with the updated.

No matter what I set the settings in Global Settings to on the fs4 it is not functional (tried setting it to all sorts of things, it is not working). Just bought the HX Stomp a month ago and did not back up anything. Perhaps restore to factory settings, update from there and see what happens. I play bass, so none of the new things in this update really mattered to me. It just messed up the fs4 on the footswitch...

EDIT: OK, I found out what us "footswitch" guys must do. Open HX Edit -> go to "File" (up left) -> preferences. Then choose "Device settings" and then set "Exp/FS Tip" to FS4 (it changed to EXP 1 with the update).

Edited by EirikHasselberg
I fixed the problem I had, want to inform others

12 hours ago, molul said:

Flawless update here. Fortunately had no issues with tap tempo or volume knob as other people report, love the new phaser, and boot time has gone from 20 to 10 seconds! Amazing job. Thanks again for your hard work.

Boot time is astoundingly fast. Just remarkable for a device with this much going on under the hood. Really impressive job of coding!

• Like 1

I tried V2.9 with hx stomp and what I found out:

1. Double crash when updating. This was my first stress this morning, but third time was succesful. 

2. Windows decided to enable HX Stomp as microfone for applications. Default microfone was in different setting but HX was just enabled. But anytime I connected USB cable I heard everything that I play with delay of 200 - 300ms detuned down something between one - one and half halftone (!!!). Similar situation when recording with slow latency but - with added not recognized tuning down. After some time I finally found this setting in Windows. When I disable acces to mic - everything is ok. I don't hear anything strange now but setting in to enable makes this sh... on again. All DAW software was closed, the bank in HX was empty. Nothing was working in the background (Windows was...:) . The same was with loop return which I use as AUX - radio tuner is connected there. This input was treated in the same way - very funny sound effects...

3. After that annoying stuff, when I was sure that I won that fight the volume knob stopped working when connected do PC. 

4. I went back to 2.82 and all problems suddenly disapeared. In the meantime I got rid of all patches and IR's downloaded. Tough guys do not make backups. Fortunately I do. I am ok with 2.82. 

22 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

Boot time is astoundingly fast. Just remarkable for a device with this much going on under the hood. Really impressive job of coding!

True, the optimized boot time is absolutely astounding. Too bad there's the tap tempo issue - let's hope for a quick fix.

5 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

True, the optimized boot time is absolutely astounding. Too bad there's the tap tempo issue - let's hope for a quick fix.

A quick fix for tap tempo would definitely be a great thing. Don't understand why it is impacting some people and not others. I'm not seeing it so far. Maybe it is a particular combination of global settings or affected by which blocks are in a preset. Do you see this when setting up a blank preset with only a delay block?

Just want to remind everyone to check your global settings after you update before reporting a bug or problem. Mine were reset to their defaults. Haven't had time to test comprehensively as the update just hit but everything is working as anticipated so far once I reset them.

25 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Have been scrolling back through the posts on tap tempo as well as the new topic on it that just got created and am now aware that the issue is not that the tap tempo isn't responding for some people but that it is not accurately responding and is instead providing a tempo that is different from what was tapped.  I have not tested it against a metronome so I may indeed be affected by this issue. In the interest of not introducing confusion and given the posts saying that this is a known issue I will also be looking forward to the fix.

57 minutes ago, LeeWalker said:

I have updated my Stomp but i cannot see the Alpaca Rouge or the Legacy Drive, is that weird?

You need to update the HX Edit as well, not just the HX Stomp. Go to downloads, choose HX Stomp -> HX Edit -> (Win10, MAC or whatever you got). Install the update and you should be able to find the new things.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:27 PM, chasingMango said:

The "IMPORTANT!" note for Output meters is hilarious.  Basically: "we didn't really want to give you this feature, but you wouldn't shut up about it, so here it is, but you really shouldn't use it anyway.  Please leave us alone."

Is this a way to globally set the HX Stomp so that the output is higher?

The gain reduction meters are fantastic! Much easier for me to get my basic settings now with those to help.

And the Small Stone phaser sounds like my old pedal - but better; especially in stereo.

But the tap light now bears no relation to tempo-synced delays. That's a shame, as in 2.82 they'd finally fixed the tempo-v-tap light problem that I raised a couple of years ago. :o(

Here's to a quick fix.

23 minutes ago, josegermain said:

Can i go to 2.9 directly from 2.71 ?  or do i need to go to 2.82 first ?  i keep reading conflicting opinions on this.

It's easier and faster to go to 2.9  directly? Taking in consideration that 2.8 was not a " quick " update  ? 

Yes. I went from v2.71 to v2.90. I also did it from the HX Edit interface, rather than using Line 6 Updater.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 2:17 PM, ghusson said:

Hi,

After 2.9 update volume knob seems to be stuck at whatever level it is set when booting. After a few reboots sometimes the volume knob works for a short time then the whole unit freezes.

I'm having this same problem! other knobs are also not working.  Any ideas?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrMetal said:

Also you used to be able to select snapshots my hitting the mode button, doesnt work now. why?

The display is controlled in Global Settings, which were reset to default values by the update. If you restore the backup file you created as part of the update process your global settings will be restored to their pre-update values.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:27 AM, Monsterinus said:

Please Help, I can't play guitar anymore during quarantine !!! :-( 

Hide contents

try the following, that worked for me (kudos to Line6 Support Hotline)

Make sure HX Edit is the 2.90 version and your Line 6 Updater is all the latest version
Exit HX Edit and turn of the Helix
Connect the Helix to your computer
Restart Helix LT with Footswitch 6+12 pressed
Start Line 6 Updater 
You should see the Helix now in your divice list and can perform the update

Fwiw, while free re-ordering of IRs is a welcomed addition, the IR dilemma still isn't adressed.

- When you backup a patch, the IR(s) used isn't backed up along with it. No way to keep track of things others than manually exporting it and writing it down.

- When you load a patch and the IR is missing, HX Edit is telling you so but offers no hints as far as the IR the patch needs goes, let alone an automatic file system search (which would be the only decent way to fix this once and forever).

Really, should be treated exactly the way software samplers are doing it.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, danpisacreta said:

My update froze at "rebuilding preset 287". Cycling helix floor had no effect. HX edit (version 2.9) will no longer recognize helix. Tried booting into update mode with no success. Can anyone help with next steps?

I had the same issue (mine froze at 503).  I tried a rebuild preset boot (holding down fs 10 & 11 while switching the unit on) and that didn't work, but it might for you.  Eventually I turned the unit off and left it for a couple of minutes, then when I turned it back on it started rebuilding from 503 and completed.  HX Edit then recognised my unit and showed firmware 2.90.  Are you sure you're leaving the unit for a minute or two before switching back on again?  That's sometimes an issue with some devices.

Otherwise, try a launching in update mode by holding fs 6 & 12 while swiching on (see Helix/Rack/LT/FX/Stomp Reset Procedures and Troubleshooting Tricks in the Knowledge Base). 

On 4/21/2020 at 6:37 PM, PiFromBRC said:

Thanks guys!  I appreciate the hard work.  Pure kismet that I logged on aboot ten minutes after DI posted this.

(Insert standard 'what's coming in 3.0 and when' - joke here.)

Stay safe!

On 4/21/2020 at 6:39 PM, chasingMango said:

I had to resist the urge as well =D

:-)

Line6 got in ahead of you - see release notes:  

Update Firmware From HX Edit

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp

Instead of hanging out on social media, desperately asking when the next firmware's dropping, you can now, I dunno, actually play guitar? As soon as a new update becomes available, HX Edit will tell you, and all you gotta do is follow the prompts.

20 hours ago, bluetinmusic said:

I'm having problems updating my HX Stomp. HX Edit gives me the error message seen here...

image.thumb.png.c909bdf8f64dd22cf62333f4f49ba593.png

There is no next button, and disconnecting/reconnecting the usb cable only interrupts HX Edit which won't resume. Hitting update makes HX Edit think it successfully updated my Stomp firmware, but absolutely nothing happens on the Stomp itself, and it stays on firmware 2.82. Any ideas?

I've had this exact issue with my HX effects. Same error using both HX edit and Line 6 updater. On Mac OS Catalina, if that's significant. 

4 hours ago, Smesharik said:

After 2.90 update from 2.81 ( Helix LT ) volume knob is not working, sometime everything not working. Please help. Can I downgrade to 2.81?

I would try doing a factory reset (hold down FS9 & FS10 while powering up) and then restoring from backup before you try rolling back the firmware.

Well, a bit disappointed today, i had the same volume knob issue that has been reported, basically it will get stuck at a certain level, you might reboot the unit and it will be fine but when you turn off and on again a few times the issue will come back. I tried all suggestions:

- several power cycles

- restoring from backup

- downgrading to 2.82 and then back to 2.9

- full factory reset

and no..... nothing works as the issue keeps coming up, it might seem fine for a bit but then after a few power cycles there it is again....

so i decided to go back to 2.82 and wait for the bug fixes, i wouldnt want to risk playing live with this issue, its too much of a deal breaker for me. 
so hopefully they fix it before we are all out gigging again!

for those asking, you need to use the Line6Updater to go back to 2.82. I had to do a full reset again since my unit got stuck rebuilding one preset but after a restore from back up in 2.82 it is now working fine as it was before...

Backup Recovery doesn't execute, progress goes past 100%?   HX Edit and HX Effects updates executed fine.  Had some finicky stuff with Global Switch settings that I sorted out by toggling settings back and forth to desired state, but when I tried to do a backup Recovery to get Global Switch settings back to where they were, noticed that the Backup recovery was performing oddly.  Instead of completing each step (Global Settings, Impulse Responses, Presets), the progress bar kept marching right on past 100% (see screenshot).  I let it run a few times to see if it would stop eventually, but kept counting up .  Had to stop Recovery by unplugging USB cable.  Same thing happens when I try to do a recovery from a file made before or after the firmware update.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 10.24.36 AM.png

1 hour ago, alexanderlaw said:

I've had this exact issue with my HX effects. Same error using both HX edit and Line 6 updater. On Mac OS Catalina, if that's significant. 

Yep, I'm on Mac OS Catalina as well. I've given up trying to update. Line6 support must be overwhelmed right now because they sent me some instructions for the full Helix (not Stomp) that don't apply, and I never heard back from them. But truly it's all the other issues people seem to be having with tap tempo, knobs not working, etc, and I'll just wait for 2.91...

• Like 1