Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX Firmware 2.90 | Helix Native 1.90

Digital_Igloo

On 5/22/2020 at 3:09 PM, silverhead said:

Hi Tom. Here’s the opening paragraph of the firmware update instructions for v2.92 (emphasis is mine).

Helix/HX 2.92 and Helix Native 1.92 include important bug fixes, and are strongly recommended for all Helix and HX owners. Doesn't matter what firmware your Helix/HX product is currently running; you can go straight to 2.92.

You will have a smooth update if you read and follow the instructions.

I did the update and followed the instructions ( atleast i think i did) and it wont restore from backup) i get a red "X" when its finished with the "presets" part of update. So now when i power on my stomp theres no presets. What can i do?

Thanks,

Tim

54 minutes ago, sweet9 said:

I did the update and followed the instructions ( atleast i think i did) and it wont restore from backup) i get a red "X" when its finished with the "presets" part of update. So now when i power on my stomp theres no presets. What can i do?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

You could try a factory reset - if you have made a backup then doing any one of these options should be fine.

HX Stomp

Button Combination

Description

All 3 Footswitches

Clears all presets/IRs

FS1+2

Resets presets and IRs

FS 2+3

Factory restore (globals, presets, IRs

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, Digital_Igloo said:

"The Always Level Presets By Ear at Stage Volume with the Rest of the Band Playing Update"

What will the 3.0 update be called? "The highly anticipated but may be disappointing for some update?

49 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Have you been reading the leaked info TGP or Facebook?

Nope.... Well..... LOL JK,  I have a feeling that people are going to complain about not being able to fit 8 blocks into the spaces, thus people being disapointed.

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all I’m new to this forum I’m currently a Boss GT100 user but I’m thinking of going to a line 6 helix LT

i wanted to know if there was a way to download and experiment with the HX Editor 2.9 without actually having the unit connected to the PC Via USB 

sorta like a test drive 

Thanks all for the input

3 hours ago, Hatman777 said:

Hello all I’m new to this forum I’m currently a Boss GT100 user but I’m thinking of going to a line 6 helix LT

i wanted to know if there was a way to download and experiment with the HX Editor 2.9 without actually having the unit connected to the PC Via USB 

sorta like a test drive 

Thanks all for the input

Not really. You can download and install it but the editor requires an HX device be connected to really see or do anything with it. Lots of videos out there although you've probably seen them.

@Hatman777 You could download the Helix Native plugin demo which should give you a good idea about what's possible. Doesn't have the switch assigment options, but then, without the hardware, they don't make much sense anyway. And in case you own a decent audio interface, you could even check out some sounds (the interface needs a good quality high impedance instrument input for that to work well).

• Like 1

Yes I Do have a Decent Audio Interface,  M-Audio 192/4 With A set Of Alesis Studio Monitors Using StudioOne 4,  Thanks Yeah Can Try that Out Since Im More Interested In Seeing How the software Works Like Interface Block arrangements  Parameters etc , as For Sound Im Sure the Helix Will Sound Good Once Properly Set up  as same with My Boos None of the Presets are really any good  I prefer to Make My Own which is Why I want to try the Software 

Thanks for the Input  :) 

26 minutes ago, rdw1963 said:

I'm trying to update my Helix and every time I do and every time I restore from backup it reinstalls the previous version (which was 2.30) how do I find that Version on my Mac so I can delete it?

Hi,

The backup you made should have a time/date stamp on it. Navigate to the folder that you saved it to and then reload.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just recently purchased Helix LT and the firmware is currently on version 2.30. Do I have to update all versions to get to 2.90? Or does 2.90 include everything leading up to the new firmware? Asking for advice because I will be getting a new computer soon and will be keeping this unit up to date.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, pidevokaitis said:

Hi,

I just recently purchased Helix LT and the firmware is currently on version 2.30. Do I have to update all versions to get to 2.90? Or does 2.90 include everything leading up to the new firmware? Asking for advice because I will be getting a new computer soon and will be keeping this unit up to date.

Thanks

Just update to the latest. The latest is 2.92 now, btw.

• Thanks 1