Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Purple!

mattbarden

Yeah I updated, and only got a few minutes with it.  I plugged in the amp/cab block to get an idea of the 'original' specs and starting points.  Then I moved to just the Amp block and tried a few of the York Audio IR's I just purchased and man...this will replace a lot of my core amps.  Also, I havent tried out the Red channel we got last update with the new IR's yet, but if its just the next step from the purple, I can't imagine I wont fall in love deeper with the amp.  

• Upvote 1

I have quickly checked the manual of the real Revv 120 amp. "Purple" (gain 3) is tighter and drier, typically used for rhythm, and Red (gain 4) is fatter and typically used for leads. YMMV. These are indeed great models. I tried Purple, it has less gain than Red and it does sound great. What a great update is 2.90!

• Like 2

They should have just called this the Revv Purple update. I just updated tonight and replaced the Red with the Pruple in my presets using the Revv. Holee cr@p what an awesome sound and I didn't even tweak the amp yet! Looks like tomorrow is going to be a day of building new presets.