Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.90 Command Center updates clarification

themetallikid

Ok, maybe I'm missing something with all the information coming in being an overload for me....but can someone clarify how these work.....

Command Center > HX Preset

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT,  HX Effects

A new Command Center command type lets you assign any preset (or Next Preset or Previous Preset) to any stomp switch. Together with HX Snapshot and HX Looper commands, you can now customize Stomp footswitch mode to your liking.

1. From the Command Center, select a stomp switch and turn Knob 1 (Command) to select "HX Preset."
  2. Turn Knob 2 (Preset) to choose Next Preset, Previous Preset, or any single preset within the current setlist.

IMPORTANT! Although stomp mode switches can be assigned to multiple functions, to avoid unintended behavior, we strongly recommend HX Preset commands be assigned to empty footswitches.

Command Center > HX Snapshot

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT,  HX Effects

A new Command Center command type lets you assign any snapshot (or Snapshot Up or Snapshot Down) to any stomp switch. Together with HX Preset and HX Looper commands, you can now customize Stomp footswitch mode to your liking.

1. From the Command Center, select a stomp switch and turn Knob 1 (Command) to select "HX Snapshot."
  2. Turn Knob 2 (Behavior) to set the behavior of the stomp switch:
    • Press/Release—Pressing the switch engages the Knob 3 (Press) function; releasing the switch engages the Knob 4 (Release) function
    • Press/Hold—Briefly pressing the switch engages the Knob 3 (Press) function; pressing and holding the switch for 1 second engages the Knob 4 (Hold) function

IMPORTANT! Although stomp mode switches can be assigned to multiple functions, to avoid unintended behavior, we strongly recommend HX Snapshot commands be assigned to empty footswitches.

Also, one clarification from last update probably that I finally noticed/missed.....in the global settings there is a setting where it seems I can choose the 'same button press' can revert/advance to the previous/next preset?  is that correct?  So I could really be on my rhythm snapshot and push my lead snapshot for a quick lead fill, and not move my foot and push it again and it will revert back to my rhythm one?   So sorta a momentary switch concept?

I haven't tried them yet, but from what I gather, it allows you to assign a preset (different from the one you are in) or a snapshot (from the preset that you are in) as one of your stomps in stomp mode.  You can do the same thing now with the different looper buttons in the 6 switch looper.

Could honestly be pretty handy I would think....

I guess I think the feature is good and I may be able to use it, but dont quite have my head wrapped around how it would be implemented live to know if I can take advantage of it.  I dont really use 'stomps'.  I run in 4 preset/4 snapshot mode mainly, however i'm open to changing that if I can get more functional usability live.  Can someone provide me some examples of how this is game changer?

This enables you to mix & match and not be dependent on the by default available options.

For instance, if you like, you can setup Snapshot 1-4 to be on the first two columns on the left. Or reverse the order to go from Snap4-Snap-3-Snap-2-Snap1.

Freedom to have it anyway you like it. 'Stomp' is not anymore 'just a block' (or more precisely, multi block control assign).

I usually use 4snaps/4stomps, assigning a couple of footswitches to stomps I want to be able to turn on/off irrespective of the snapshot I am in (typically a level boost and a tilt eq). I do not want to have to define a different snapshot for all possible combination of tones (snapshots) and stomps, which could easily exceed the maximum number of snapshots. But I do have a use case where I'd like to have 5 snapshots plus a couple of stomps, and this upgrade should make this available. Not sure it is a game changer, but for me it is good to have. The gain reduction meters are indeed much more important for me.

So if I understand right....

I run a preset per song live....songs typically will use 1-4 snapshots, hence the preset/snap mode.  I've thought about making the Bank up/down buttons preset up/down buttons and then utilizing a larger palette of song specific options either more snaps or snaps/stomps sorta thing.  

So this will allow me mix stomps/snaps on my layout, instead of the 4/4 or all snaps/stomps layouts they have?  

If that is true, can there be a mix of presets, snaps and stomps?  I really would only need 1 stomp for a handful of presets, maybe 2.  But giving up 2 preset slots of the preset/snap template would suffice for my needs.  the picture is getting clearer, but i'm still not sure i fully get it....

That's the way it seems to be, but I am not entirely sure I have gotten this right either. The instructions on this specific topic could have been a little bit more detailed, but I figure it can be sorted out with a little of bit of trial and error.

I'm in the same boat as you guys, I use Snap/Stomp mode, so 4/4. 

I'd like to know how I can keep that, but add the functionality to what I have, not change it. Like, could I make footswitches 1 and 7 either a snap or a stomp, or preferably both of them stomps, without changing the entire footswitch mode?

Also, is there any functionality where you could A/B, (or X/Y like Fractal), two snapshots with one footswitch?

Edit: I was able to do this, but only from the 2nd footswitch mode on a preset, which, is okay, but, kind of not worth it for me, as I only need 1 or 2 extra footswitches more than what I have set up now, and only need them once in a long while.