Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.90 New Patches

Bboy19

29 minutes ago, Bboy19 said:

Hi, thanks for the info. I did update Helix edit. The amps and effects all show up. Just wondering if they created new patches with them thats all.

Bboy19

Did you do the reset I suggested?

Hi, a reset I have not done that as I assumed the update would download the new patches if any  to the Helix Floor automagically. I guess I was wrong. I will look into a reset and how to do it.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Bboy19 said:

Hi, a reset I have not done that as I assumed the update would download the new patches if any  to the Helix Floor automagically. I guess I was wrong. I will look into a reset and how to do it.

Thanks

On 4/22/2020 at 10:53 AM, rd2rk said:

The update leaves your setlists in place. If there are any new presets you need to do a reset to get them.

Hi Buddy:

What is the least invasive version to pick to get original posters  question - thanks :)

1. Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters
2. Holding footswitch 7+8 on boot restores presets and setlists ”THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
3. Holding footswitch 8+9 on boot restores presets, setlists, and IRs ”THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
4. Holding footswitch 9+10 on boot restores presets, setlists, globals and IRs (restores factory bundle) "THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
5. Holding footswitch 10+11 on boot will rebuild your presets in the latest loaded firmware
6. Helix can now restore by clearing only the current preset instead of wiping out all presets. While holding footswitches 11 + 12
7. Helix can now, after firmware 1.06.5, enter update mode manually by holding footswitches 6 + 12

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

What is the least invasive version to pick to get original posters  question - thanks :)

If you have multiple custom setlists, back them up individually. I would also back up IRs, just to be safe.

Then use method 2 (7+8).

Then restore your custom setlists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

I dont have setlists :)

Ummm.... yes you do. You always have 8 of them. Three of them (#1, 2, and 8) come pre-populated by Line 6 and they are the subject of this post. But the others still exist.

Perhaps what you mean is that you don’t really use setlists as a concept. You just have a bunch of presets that you use and they’re all that you really need to backup and restore. You can do that in a single operation by exporting / importing the setlist that contains them rather than by dealing with each preset individually.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Ummm.... yes you do. You always have 8 of them. Three of them (#1, 2, and 8) come pre-populated by Line 6 and they are the subject of this post. But the others still exist.

Perhaps what you mean is that you don’t really use setlists as a concept. You just have a bunch of presets that you use and they’re all that you really need to backup and restore. You can do that in a single operation by exporting / importing the setlist that contains them rather than by dealing with each preset individually.

Exactly I dont use them - 35 year drummer - 12 years playing guitar only use it for jamming mostly lead stuff - cover backing tracks - Pink Floyd mostly :)

Yes I see setlists but never looked into what they are - assumed for gigging guitarists 

I'm pretty good buy my memory is crap so I cant remember all the lead tab - sux but is what it is

Thanks Silver

Setlists are nothing but organizers. They have no special properties. They hold up to 128 presets each, and that’s all they are. 

Imagine that your Helix storage is an 8-foot tall cabinet that holds exactly 1,024 little boxes that are identical in size and shape. Each little box might or might not actually have something in it - but the box itself is always there. You could just dump all the boxes on top of each other in one big pile, or you could build 8 shelves with each shelf holding 128 boxes. A setlist is one shelf. A preset is one box.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Hi Buddy:

1. Holding footswitch 5+6 on boot restores Global parameters
2. Holding footswitch 7+8 on boot restores presets and setlists ”THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
3. Holding footswitch 8+9 on boot restores presets, setlists, and IRs ”THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
4. Holding footswitch 9+10 on boot restores presets, setlists, globals and IRs (restores factory bundle) "THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL USER PRESETS AND SETLISTS
5. Holding footswitch 10+11 on boot will rebuild your presets in the latest loaded firmware
6. Helix can now restore by clearing only the current preset instead of wiping out all presets. While holding footswitches 11 + 12
7. Helix can now, after firmware 1.06.5, enter update mode manually by holding footswitches 6 + 12

I would like to see at least two more reset combinations. One that did a global reset and restored only 'Factory' setlists leaving all others intact. The second option would be to restore only the 'Templates' setlist leaving all others intact.

That would make it so that you could refresh with the latest factory and template setlists without overwriting your own and having to reload them. The reason for separating out the Factory setlists restore from the one for the Templates, is that I use the 'Templates' setlist to store user presets and my own templates. I also keep the Line6 template presets there as well. Doubt I'm the only one. There are relatively few Templates presets and that setlist gives me room for my PC+ presets. I suppose you could separate the 'Factory 1' and 'Factory 2' reloads as well for people who have dedicated one of the Factory setlists for their own user presets.

12 hours ago, silverhead said:

Setlists are nothing but organizers. They have no special properties. They hold up to 128 presets each, and that’s all they are. 

Imagine that your Helix storage is an 8-foot tall cabinet that holds exactly 1,024 little boxes that are identical in size and shape. Each little box might or might not actually have something in it - but the box itself is always there. You could just dump all the boxes on top of each other in one big pile, or you could build 8 shelves with each shelf holding 128 boxes. A setlist is one shelf. A preset is one box.

Since at least a couple of people have found this analogy useful, let me expand on it to answer a question that comes up repeatedly: How can I delete a preset? Not just overwrite it - I want to DELETE it!

As described above a setlist is an organizer. A shelf holding 128 little boxes can still be quite disorganized with boxes piled in any manner. So let’s subdivide each shelf into 128 identical compartments, in a 32x4 grid. And let’s index each box so that it has its own location in the grid and never moves. You can choose one of two index methods - number them 000-127, or consider rows and columns from 1A to 32D. The point is that each box is ALWAYS in the same location. You can put a temporary name on a box and change the contents of the box at any time, but you can’t change it’s location and you can’t pretend that it’s not there. It’s always there. You can empty the box but you can’t throw it away. 

Copying New Preset (a preset with no blocks) into any box is deleting the preset.