Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax and Helix 2.9 and 2-voice guitar and dynamic switching...

PeterHamm

49 minutes ago, GeeTah said:

How would we find this in the Marketplace? And have you added this one yet? I looked for Peter Hamm and didn't locate it. 

Thanks Peter - VERY nice work here, both in the patch and material.

It's coming soon. I am finishing up a set with 8 presets that mostly feature acoustic guitars and layered guitars and pads and stuff like this.

I will update this space when it happens. They have to review it, it's a process.

This is kind of off topic but it's a JTV Variax issue that's been with the Helix for awhile in various versions. This is what I've come across with Helix 2.9.

This relates to the JTV Variax. I created 11 new presets, each with the Variax's tone knob saved at 10, 9, 8, 7, etc. to Don't Force. When I go from one patch with the tone knob at one setting to different patch with a different setting, the tone knob's position remains the same as the previous patches tone setting. For example if I go from a patch with the tone knob at 10 to patch with the tone knob at 1, it stays on 10 even though the Helix Editor indicates the tone knob is at 1. HOWEVER, if I select the patch with the tone knob at 1 again (either from the Helix or the HX Edit) it then will switch the Variax to the saved tone knob position. If the tone knob is saved as Don't force it goes to whatever position the tone knob on the guitar is at. So that does seem to work. This same type of thing appeared to be happening with the Volume knob before as well but seems to be corrected. So, for now, if I have a saved tone knob setting, I have to hit the patch switch TWICE for it to actually switch the tone knob setting on my JTV Variax to the saved setting. Have you come across this phenomenon?

13 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

This is kind of off topic but it's a JTV Variax issue that's been with the Helix for awhile in various versions. This is what I've come across with Helix 2.9.

This relates to the JTV Variax. I created 11 new presets, each with the Variax's tone knob saved at 10, 9, 8, 7, etc. to Don't Force. When I go from one patch with the tone knob at one setting to different patch with a different setting, the tone knob's position remains the same as the previous patches tone setting. For example if I go from a patch with the tone knob at 10 to patch with the tone knob at 1, it stays on 10 even though the Helix Editor indicates the tone knob is at 1. HOWEVER, if I select the patch with the tone knob at 1 again (either from the Helix or the HX Edit) it then will switch the Variax to the saved tone knob position. If the tone knob is saved as Don't force it goes to whatever position the tone knob on the guitar is at. So that does seem to work. This same type of thing appeared to be happening with the Volume knob before as well but seems to be corrected. So, for now, if I have a saved tone knob setting, I have to hit the patch switch TWICE for it to actually switch the tone knob setting on my JTV Variax to the saved setting. Have you come across this phenomenon?

You probably want to post this in the bug reports discussion, tho.

3 minutes ago, PeterHamm said:

You probably want to post this in the bug reports discussion, tho.

I have. In the past and two days ago. It was basically ignored. Can you tell me if you've come across this phenomenon? I just want to make sure I'm not crazy since I've not received a lot of feedback on this. I gotten one piece of advice in the past (to create a brand new patch) but it's still there.

39 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

I have. In the past and two days ago. It was basically ignored. Can you tell me if you've come across this phenomenon? I just want to make sure I'm not crazy since I've not received a lot of feedback on this. I gotten one piece of advice in the past (to create a brand new patch) but it's still there.

I did in 2.82, but I have not in 2.90, and I have specifically designed presets that change the tone control from snapshot to snapshot.

4 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

I did in 2.82, but I have not in 2.90, and I have specifically designed presets that change the tone control from snapshot to snapshot.

So it does work in snapshots? Just not on a preset basis. Hmmmm. That's interesting. Good work around. Thanks. But Line6. if you're listening, it still doesn't work with presets.