Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod HD500x microphone techniques?

glu_v1

hi everyone!

new to posting in here so be gentle lol

so with the whole covid thing going on my band hasnt had practice in ages so we decided to use discord to write music, wich is really cool.

my biggest issue is from where my HD500X is usb, how d o i have a dry signal for my mic?

everytime iv tested it out i cant seem to get the effects off my microphone and im going round in circles changing things and looking at my signal path?

please someone help iv been at this for ages now :(

cheers guys and gals!

Glen

On 4/23/2020 at 11:52 PM, glu_v1 said:

my biggest issue is from where my HD500X is usb, how d o i have a dry signal for my mic?

everytime iv tested it out i cant seem to get the effects off my microphone and im going round in circles changing things and looking at my signal path?

As already suggested by pianoguyy in the previous post, to get a dry signal from the mic you need basically to use an empty patch with no effects at all, make sure that the input is set to mic (by default it isn't), and the mic pre-amp gain knob on the rear panel of the device is set as needed to get a strong enough signal.

But if you want to use your mic and also the guitar at the same time, you need to build special patches where you take advantage of both the parallel path A and B, one of them should be dedicated only to the guitar with effects, amp, and the right input source selected (guitar)..

..and the other path should be dedicated only to the voice (basically empty if you want the voice to be completely dry, but you might want to add a studio compression, a vintage pre-amp, an EQ and some reverb) and obviouly with the right input source selected (mic)

PS.

- for every patch to set the inputs as needed you can easily use the Editor, or directly on the device press and hold the VIEW button and go to page 3.

- to create 2 independent paths you have to move (drag and drop) all the blocks inside the rectangle, on the upper side put the blocks you need for path A and on the lower side put the blocks for path B

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips